The Red Dragon Inn» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ignoring the Effects of Alcohol Content rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Skip Mathias
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Last night, my wife and I played with a group of friends. Among the six tavern denizens were Erin the Ever-Changing, Deirdre the Preistess, and Sera the Fleetfooted.

During a drink made by Erin the Ever-Changing, Deirdre the Preistess played the following card: Water into Wine [Sometimes] - Add 2 Alcohol Content to a Drink.

Erin the Ever-Changing attempted to ignore this card with: Fly away! [Sometimes] - Ignore an Action, Sometimes or Anytime Card that affects your Fortitude or Alcohol Content. You are now a Raven.

I, however, would not allow Fly away! to be played as a counter because Water into Wine affected the Drink, not the player.

Later on in the game, Sera the Fleetfooted attempted to play the following card against Erin the Ever-Changing: Sorry, I had to test my knockout darts! [Anytime] - Pick another player. They gain 1 Alcohol Content. Draw a card from your Character Deck.

I allowed Fly away! to be played on this card because it directly affected the player, not the Drink.

My question is, should I have allowed Fly away! to played on both of these cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You played correctly.

The first instance affected the drink, not the player.

That same issue comes up at my table all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Waller
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Stamp of approval. "Fly away!" does not stop you from messing with a drink. The rule of thumb is:

Once this card, and only this card, has resolved, have your bits moved or gone away? If so, than the card affects you. If not, than the card affects something else and therefore does not affect you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.