Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
and symo
Australia
Northcote
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Black Orchestra's robust integration of theme with gameplay means the game certainly hits the fun threshold. Last night I almost, almost took out Hitler and the whole gang at the Nuremburg rally. In the end I had to settle for Hitler, Goebbels and Hess at Zeughaus.

Which got me thinking that it would be pretty cool to score the number of cronies that got taken out. This would in turn create risk/ reward sceanarios whereby plots are enacted earlier with the hope of taking down more deputies.

Which led to even more peripheral thoughts about taking out the deputies to reduce their threat and for some points rather than the binary victory condition that currently exists in the game.

So perhaps cronies always have the lowest military support level so while Hitler may survive, each deputy has a chance of being taken out.

Anyway, love the game, feel free to put me back in my box or grow the seed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dann May
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Hi! Pleased to meet you.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a solid idea. We explored bringing the deputies into it more at various times during development, including benefits to taking them out with a plot. As a remnant of those explorations we did leave in the option of taking them out on 2 strength (see page 10 of the rules).

And at one point we experimented with a scoring system where killing Hitler's deputies decreased the lives lost by 1 million for each deputy killed. We ended up not including it because of a sentiment in the development team that it was pushing it a little far and it was a clear call to keep the game focused on targeting Hitler. Too many questions came up about which plots might kill multiple targets (bombs vs kidnapping for example), and it added another layer that we didn't think we should try and wedge in at the point it came up in the development process, so we just erred on keeping the focus. But I'd definitely welcome the community to explore and implement some variant rules that get into that side of things, as there is a lot of content to be played with there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.