Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Ive recently played 7 wounders duel with the pantheon expansion and we love it.

Im wanting to get a deeper more robust civilization builder that can be playd with 2+ well. I almost ordered Through the Ages New Story,ive heard amazing things about it, but I also hear theres no good catch up mechanic if you mis judged something and screwed up, and theres very little variety in the game.

What are some good ones? I would love to play TtA before I purchased it, but nobody here has it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was going to suggest having a look at the Civilization category here on BGG, but it seems like it may be a bit broader than what it seems you're really looking for.

Like you, I am also interested in these kinds of games, so a few that I have seen, but have not yet had a chance to play, include:
Nations
Civilization (OOP)
Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game
Clash of Cultures
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WolfVonhinslik wrote:
I would love to play TtA before I purchased it, but nobody here has it.

So play online. That's the only way lots of folks (myself included) play anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Middleton
msg tools
Nations is an excellent civ game - it works very well with 2 players as well. Roughly 40 mins per player I would guess - card drafting, worker placement, loads of tense decision making - a great game with a lot of depth! The artwork is a little lacklustre but its never bothered me. It is a step up in complexity from Duel but Im sure you would be able to pick it up in no time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Middleton
msg tools
curtc wrote:
WolfVonhinslik wrote:
I would love to play TtA before I purchased it, but nobody here has it.

So play online. That's the only way lots of folks (myself included) play anyway.

There is also an android app called Race Of Nations which is essentially Through The Ages which could be worth checking out- though I read somewhere that they made it without the designers permission?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wamsp wrote:
I was going to suggest having a look at the Civilization category here on BGG, but it seems like it may be a bit broader than what it seems you're really looking for.

Like you, I am also interested in these kinds of games, so a few that I have seen, but have not yet had a chance to play, include:
Nations
Civilization (OOP)
Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game
Clash of Cultures
And not the other Sid Myers Civilization the boardgame, it's rubbish.

But if you can find it Civilization is the one I would pick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.