Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a Black Friday Gold Lantern $300 commitment on the Kickstarter. But I'm thinking I would rather subtract the Gamblers Chest and apply those funds to expansions. Is there someone with a Black Friday Lantern $200 pledge that wants to trade?

My other notion is to probably sell the Gamblers Chest later, but I'm starting to lean towards making the change now. Please post or PM me if interested. I am not interested in swapping for the regular Lantern $250 level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was considering the same kind of thing myself. Annoying thing is I could have bid for the $200 EB pledge, and added $100 for the gambler's chest as an addon at any stage... D'oh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with you guys, also looking to drop from 300 to 200.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kayne Brookes
msg tools
Night fell and the hours dragged on, but still we murmured to each other of the King and the Pallid Mask, and midnight sounded from the misty spires in the fog-wrapped city.
badge
We spoke of Hastur and of Cassilda, while outside the fog rolled against the blank window-panes as the cloud waves roll and break on the shores of Hali.
mbmbmbmbmb
By swap do you mean organise a time to change pledges through the Kickstarter manage pledge function? I feel for you, but it might be too much risk for no incentive for someone sitting on a 200 EB. They can always add a Gamblers Chest for 100, and that way wouldn't run the risk of someone sniping their 300 EB when they tried to do the swap.

Or are you proposing to swap in a different way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harrison
United States
Stephenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's so cool how the Black Friday Gold Lantern saves you nothing above the Black Friday Lantern plus adding the Gambler's Chest. Awesome!

I did have the Black Friday Lantern selected and upgraded to the Black Friday Gold Lantern only to then later have it revealed I saved nothing in doing so and instead locked myself into the Gambler's Chest with no discount so that I could get stuff like Nightmare Adam! Wow! Lucky me! Pretty neat to have been able to get a limited one out of 2600 spot for this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kraus
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll bet that by campaign end you will be just fine with your Gamblers chest pledge. Lots of goodies still to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul R
msg tools
This isn't making me want to trade for a Gambler's chest haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
buruburub wrote:
By swap do you mean organise a time to change pledges through the Kickstarter manage pledge function? I feel for you, but it might be too much risk for no incentive for someone sitting on a 200 EB. They can always add a Gamblers Chest for 100, and that way wouldn't run the risk of someone sniping their 300 EB when they tried to do the swap.

Or are you proposing to swap in a different way?

I don't see why we couldn't arrange the shipping differently, or simply ask the KS campaign runner to please swap our spots. But if that's impossible we can give each other's shipping info and work out the difference. It's not a big deal, and I certainly would not try to do some timed swap out on the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigsixer wrote:
Lots of goodies still to come.

But that's, like, over a month away. Let's complain now instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigsixer wrote:
I'll bet that by campaign end you will be just fine with your Gamblers chest pledge. Lots of goodies still to come.

It's more about wanting to allocate those funds to expansions that will extend the game more (in ways I value more), such as Dragon King. I expect the GC to be worth the money, and would be surprised if it's hard to sell it for face value anyway. It's just a bit more extra hassle I'd like to avoid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantomwhale wrote:
Was considering the same kind of thing myself. Annoying thing is I could have bid for the $200 EB pledge, and added $100 for the gambler's chest as an addon at any stage... D'oh

Yes, I was a little disappointed to see there was really no advantage to making the bigger commitment earlier.

The reveals are fun, but it's content that I think would be more appealing to someone who is more of a veteran of the system. I'd rather get a couple more of the original expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Bigsixer wrote:
Lots of goodies still to come.

But that's, like, over a month away. Let's complain now instead.

Who is complaining about it? I'm just making a purchase choice. If I had limitless funds, I'd have pledged the crazytown level and get it all. But I don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know Gamblers Chest includes the new advance rulebook and all the goodies that come along with that right.

I can almost guarantee that there are some major things coming in it that you will want as well.

The new scout is just the beginning.

It will far outstrip the value of 100 dollars worth of expansions. Right now it is worth more than 100 bucks.

Plus much of the Gamblers chest will not be available outside of ebay prices later on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kayne Brookes
msg tools
Night fell and the hours dragged on, but still we murmured to each other of the King and the Pallid Mask, and midnight sounded from the misty spires in the fog-wrapped city.
badge
We spoke of Hastur and of Cassilda, while outside the fog rolled against the blank window-panes as the cloud waves roll and break on the shores of Hali.
mbmbmbmbmb
cornjob wrote:
I don't see why we couldn't arrange the shipping differently, or simply ask the KS campaign runner to please swap our spots.

Ah fair enough. I don't think the creator or Kickstarter is able to swap pledges between backers. Adam has also said he won't be doing fiddly stuff this time around like combining people's pledges, so you may also be out of luck there. Still, it may be worth asking. Update us if they can sort something out for you.
cornjob wrote:
But if that's impossible we can give each other's shipping info and work out the difference. It's not a big deal, and I certainly would not try to do some timed swap out on the site.

This is probably the more likely scenario, but it does seem like a bit of messing around for no incentive for any current 200 EB backers. It might pay to stalk the campaign page for a while; with more add on reveals you may see spots open up as people decide they can't live without getting everything in the higher pledges.

I understand your predicament and wish you the best of luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I sniped an $200 eb the day before yesterday, there could still be a chance if someone with an eb decide to go all in on $927/$1666.

But I have already added +100 since I think it will be worth it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
flag msg tools
eatem wrote:

I sniped an $200 eb the day before yesterday

Yeah I usally find it pretty easy to get a late eb during kickstarters, have already switched to times during this campaign.

All it takes are patience and refreshing the reward section for 5 minuts now and again.

Also it seems like its way to early to judge the gamblers chest.

On the other hand if your on a budget like me, it seems like you will be able to get 3 exp(like sunstalker,gorm,N-ram) for about the same price, so for me atleast it has to be pretty great in the end to beat that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.