$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
30.7% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Billy Babel
United States
Guymon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
So I know you are a bit more vulnerable because you don't have your companion meat shields, but hiding the fellowship on mount doom costs so many dice and there are so many reveal tiles that it almost seems most beneficial to split everyone off right before you hit mount doom and just go in with Gollum since it's very likely you'll get a lot of reveal tiles. This is of course assuming you enter with only one or two corruption.

Also you can reveal yourself to cancel 1 damage, so if you get a really bad string of luck, you can still protect yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might make Gollum the guide before Mordor assuming I had a spare die to separate companions and corruption is at 2 or less. It would also depend a lot on what the hunt pool looks like. If there are a lot of reveals and/or fellowship special tiles, Gollum looks better. If there are few reveals, lots of red tiles, or few tiles in general (thus increasing the likelihood of eyes), I would keep companions around to absorb corruption.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think it depends who the companions are and how many you have.

The crucial aspect is that the Eye tiles can do a huge amount of damage on the Mordor track. If you keep companions then the Shadow can allocate more Eyes to the hunt box, and you risk taking a really big hit on corruption.

If your companions are level 2-3 then they might be worth keeping, but the level 1 companions are a less worthwhile defense even though they do still offer some protection.

It also depends what use they can be elsewhere - if they can reach a stronghold of city in time to help with the defense then they become more valuable, and separation becomes more useful. However if they cannot do anything else and you are purely splitting them off to avoid hunt damage then it's a more difficult call.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.