Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Walter
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up the BigFun version of this game in Hong Kong (not the newer ThunderGryph version) and have been using both the BigFun English translation & the ThunderGryph English translation of the rules from here at BGG to figure out how to play.

However, I still don't quite understand the power of the Torture Doctor.

In the BigFun English rules, the power is:
  (1) Peek any 2 face down cards of other players.
In the ThunderGryph English rules, the power is:
  (1) You can peek at any two (2) face-down cards from any other player.
In the card image here at BGG (of what I assume is the ThunderGryph version because of the English text on it), the English text on the card says:
  (1) Peek at any 2 face down cards of other players.

So, suppose there is a 4 player game and nobody got General Liu nor General Gan. Therefore, at the time the T.D. operates, there will be 12 face down-cards on the table (3 for each player) of which 9 are unknown to the T.D. player (since they know their own 3 face-down cards).

Which of the following is the way the T.D. operates?

a) T.D. player picks any 2 of the 9 face-down cards to peek at. These could be 2 cards from the same opponent, but could also be 1 card each from 2 different opponents.

b) T.D. player picks one other player and peeks at 2 of their 3 face down cards.

c) T.D. player peeks at 2 of the 3 face-down cards from opponent a, then peeks at 2 of the 3 face-down cards from opponent b, then peeks at 2 of the 3 face-down cards from opponent c.

??

Thanks,
-Richard
edit #1: add power text from card image here at BGG
edit #2: Spell "ThunderGryph" correctly... blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonzalo Aguirre Bisi
Spain
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I really suggest you to read only our rules, since we have clarified and explained the rules based on the edition we printed.

T.D can only pick two face-down cards from a single opponent. That's it.
If a player got three hidden cards, you will be able to chose two of those.
You can also reveal what you saw to the other players, but you could also bluff about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Walter
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

-Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.