Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Late game gear to aim for? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We have reached a point finally where a campaign is going pretty well (LY12). We have a decent population, good amount of innovations and all the important ones, just dispatched a lvl2 phoenix without too much trouble... What gear should we be building towards to prepare for late game? In particular I think we need better weapons. We currently have 2xrawhide, leather and screaming sets, now we will aim for Phoenix primarily because we have never used it. We are carrying Flower Knight bow, 2x lion katars, counterweight axe and scrap sword. I would like higher strength weapons to cut through tougher monsters and possibly something to increase luck but our grids are all fairly tight at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmb
zanbato is one of the best weapons in the game, everytime you crit dealing 2 wounds is awesome. Combine that with a savior who crits on a 5+ and you can do alot of damage with it.

The biggest thing though is getting those saviors
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hellena Handbasket
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You mention the Flower Knight. Which other expansions do you have? Any saved up resources?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Martyn
msg tools
mbmbmb
That's actually some pretty great gear. The counterweighted axe is great, the besetting bow is incredible and I'm a big fan of the scrap sword. I'd consider making a second vespertine bow. To really up strength you want sharp weapons, but while all the lantern gear has that keyword they also have an annoying downside.

The Zanbato is amazing, though only in combo with the cats eye circlet IMO. If your plan is to hunt phoenixes then the rainbow katana is probably the way to go. The phoenix spear is also pretty decent.

That said, at this point you want star boosts and masteries to really boost your gear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Zamnath wrote:
You mention the Flower Knight. Which other expansions do you have? Any saved up resources?

I have every expansion, but this campaign we have only got flower knight and lion knight in so far. We were considering pushing sunstalker in but rolled a dice to decide between that or phoenix. Not too many resources saved up, bit of iron and scrap and a few phoenix ones but I don't think the bits we need for rainbow katana (which we were going to try for) or much of the armour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.