Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bert Hui
United States
White Salmon
WA
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bullfrogs! Regular frogs! Clan battles! Bullfrogs is an area control game where you play a clan of frogs vying for control of lily pads within a pond. Frogs can sabotage their foes by forcing them onto other lily pads or they can reinforce their own clan-owned pads by deploying additional frogs!

Game mechanics: Every turn, a player will place take a lily pad card from their hand and place it in the pond first. Listed on that lily pad card is a number of actions that can be taken by placing that card. Actions as mentioned earlier include sabotaging your enemies or deploying your own forces to lily pads. You can only fit so many frogs on a lily pad, so once it's full, it sinks! Once it begins to sink, frogs on the lily pad hop off to adjacent lily pads around the pond. After it sinks, it gets scored - the winner of the lily pad is the person with the greatest number of frogs on the lily pad. I should also mention that each lily pad card has a designated number of points that you receive if your frog faction ends up controlling the lily pad when it sinks. Play continues like this until all players have used up all of their lily pad cards. The winner of Bullfrogs is the person with the most points based on lily pad cards in their possession at the end of the game!

There's additional subtleties about the game that make it really interesting, but I won't go into detail here. I'd recommend Bullfrogs for anyone who:

Has young children who like frogs
Enjoy great artwork
Enjoy tile placement/area control games
Enjoy playing with Meeples
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Esteves
msg tools
mb
Very good game. My daugther love it.

[geekurl=http://www.jogosemfamilia.com.br/2016/08/conquiste-lagoa-com-os-bullfrogs.html]Jogos em Família[/geekurl]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.