Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Shhhhhheee--oooot rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
There ain't nothing like -40 degree weather to bring out the problems in a car. When you got numerous cars.... yeah.

Don't even ask.

I might tell you when I'm in a better mood.

Not sure I even know all the problems yet to rear their ugly head.

Well, since you asked. [Rant] Power steering. Won't start, needs towed. Another won't start (wife's car) (great) (hopeful it will start at warmer temps). AWD is now a FWD. Blower motor. Dead battery in a car that you need a set of tools, a shop, 3 hours, and a degree in cursing just to get to the battery. Another power steering..... something else.... and something else.... I forget.

I'm already $900 into it and the AWD fix alone will be $1300.

Oh. And that's just mechanical problems. That ain't even the whole story.[/rant]

Here's wishing you had a good Thanksgiving.

I don't drink much. But I am running out of R&R, and have no way to get to the liquor store.... car won't start.

Lots of ammo though.... Hmmmmm. Don't even know where I'm going with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Koldfoot wrote:
Lots of ammo though.... Hmmmmm. Don't even know where I'm going with that.

Hmmm. Lots of ammo. Frustrating, non-functioning cars sitting outside. I think I know where I'd be going with it....

But seriously, sorry to hear about the car troubles. And certainly not the time of year up there you want to be experiencing them. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Waller
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sucks to be you man - seriously though just point that ammo at the various edible wildlife around you please! And if it makes you feel better - we dont do thanksgiving in Europe so I didnt have a good one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
10/₆
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature"
mb
-40? Isn't that the heat death of universe? It got to 32F here in Austin this morning....thought I was gonna die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TrustyJules wrote:
Sucks to be you man - seriously though just point that ammo at the various edible wildlife around you please! And if it makes you feel better - we dont do thanksgiving in Europe so I didnt have a good one.
Maybe he can Shhhhhheee--oooot the car better?

What was that game, jagged alliance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
I see in the news that the cold is headed south.

It's only -10 (-20C) at the moment. I'll pass the play by play weather report off to mabby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
I see in the news that the cold is headed south.

It's only -10 (-20C) at the moment. I'll pass the play by play weather report off to mabby.

I was watching a documentary about modern day Antarctica, and the melting Ross Ice Shelf, and the people on screen were complaining about the -15 C weather.
I was about to yell "pussies!!" at the screen when I remembered that with all of their humidity --and the 90km/hr winds-- -15 would feel a lot worse than it does on a sunny day around here.

-11 C in town yesterday, and it was definitely shivery.
-2 C today (28F) and people are walking around with their coats open.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When life dishes you ice, make snow cones.
Everyone smiles when they get a snow cone... With two or three flavors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
-40? Isn't that the heat death of universe? It got to 32F here in Austin this morning....thought I was gonna die.
It all depends on what you're used to. If it's the first cold day of winter, and was recently warm, 32 feels cold to me too. But after a couple of days near zero degrees or worse, a jump back up to 32F feels like balmy tropical weather.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel your pain. So far this year we had:

A 6 yr old washing machine go out
The breaker box on our house deep fry itself into oblivion.
My 7th kidney stone.
The transmission on my van go out three days prior to loading up 300+ games to haul to Dallas for BGG con. Had to rent a van for that trip because everything wouldn't fit in a Honda Accord.

My wife has referred to 2016 as "The year the bank bled out"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found out that it's going to cost $900 to fix something on my car. Great. I blame Koldfoot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.