United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/12/the_ultimate_sym...

Quote:

We may have found the perfect example of the madness gripping progressives and even some conservatives in the wake of Donald Trump’s election as president. If I were a screenwriter, I could not come up with a more emblematic scene than a blue blazer-clad man identified as a city attorney, clutching a glass of wine (Chardonnay, I hope), participating in vandalizing an upscale grocery store, spray painting “F…. Trump” on a wall. Julia Terruso of Philly.com reports:

It looks like the end to a night out in an upscale part of the city, until the second man is seen spray-painting a wall of a newly constructed grocery store. His message: "F- Trump."

The wine drinker captures the act on his cellphone.

While the tagger remains unidentified, the man in the blazer turned out to be Assistant City Solicitor Duncan Lloyd. No charges have been filed, and as of Wednesday evening, the city was awaiting more information before taking any administrative action.

Lloyd did not return calls for comment.

First Deputy City Solicitor Craig Straw confirmed that Lloyd, who has worked for the Law Department since 2011, is one of two men in the video.
]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
tstone wrote:

why conservatives arent funny

http://www.elephantjournal.com/2012/05/why-conservatives-are...
Quote:
Humor takes balls. There’s no such thing as conservative humor. The libertine is the risk taker, the philanderer, the scatalogical saint, the sodomizer; whereas the conservative is the retentive, the traditionalist, the meticulous sexual anorexic. One must be tortured, dikey, fat, ugly or Jewish in order to be funny.

Conservatives, according to Freud, have an unconscious paranoia surrounding their anuses and therefore are obsessed with their buttholes. This makes them the perpetual “butt end” of all jokes.

Conservatives take life seriously, and thereby miss the entire point of what makes life meaningful, which is the non-serious, the playful and the sexually deviant.

Conservatism seeks to preserve power, social class, and tradition; it is inherently non-subversive, non-irreverent, and therefore non-ironic. Humor comes at the expense of power’s sway, it undermines tradition, and revolts at the thought of conformity. Conservatism does the opposite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
No jokes here, my punctuationally challenged friend.

Only reality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
After 8 years of Obama derangement I'm looking forward to some change, it was getting Boooooring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
tstone wrote:
No jokes here, my punctuationally challenged friend.

Only reality.

youve left reality behind a long time ago
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
tstone wrote:
First of all, you have your usual "gotten things ass-backwards"-aspect, since Lucy is 'authoritarian' by her overall demeanor, and Linus is nowhere nearly even being a 'bully'. Have you and this "supposed" cartoonist ever read or watched the cartoons? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:

That's a lame satire(?).

I would have done it this way.

Panel 1

Lucy: Well...?

Linus: Well, *what*?

Panel 2

Lucy: Well, *how did you vote*?

Panel 3

Linus: I voted my conscience.

Panel 4

Lucy: Oh, good grief, Linus, I told you that writing in the Great Pumpkin on your ballot amounted to throwing away your vote! Why didn't you vote for the Green Party candidate instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
tstone wrote:
First of all, you have your usual "gotten things ass-backwards"-aspect, since Lucy is 'authoritarian' by her overall demeanor, and Linus is nowhere nearly even being a 'bully'. Have you and this "supposed" cartoonist ever read or watched the cartoons? shake

Yes. Lucy is the authoritarian. Leftists are also authoritarians, or wanna-bees. Linus isn't being a bully.

Not really...what?

Dude...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:

Leftists are also authoritarians, or wanna-bees.

So, rightists can't be authoritarians?

Do you read at all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bird
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as Trey's jokes go this one isn't nearly as good as "I used to be a liberal for real until all those liberals ruined it with their liberalling"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
tstone wrote:
Yes. Lucy is the authoritarian. Leftists are also authoritarians, or wanna-bees. Linus isn't being a bully.

Not really...what?

Dude...
So Lucy, being completely 'enamored' of someone "performing Beethoven" and what the hey, perhaps "Wagner" at behest, also being 'Germanic' of NAME! What 'dots' connected?
/surprise\
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:
tstone wrote:

Do you read at all?

Of course they can. But it was the Leftists here in America who thought they were in charge. That history was on their side and they were engaged in an ongoing campaign to reshape the nation and the culture to their liking.

It was inevitable. Everyone who disagreed was "deplorable".

Then they got spanked by reality.

And didn't react well.

Sure, there have been rightward authoritarians. Lots of them.

But that is not what we are dealing with, either in the culture or in the above cartoon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
tstone wrote:

Not really...what?

Dude...
So Lucy, being completely 'enamored' of someone "performing Beethoven" and what the hey, perhaps "Wagner" at behest, also being 'Germanic' of NAME! What 'dots' connected?
/surprise\

Beats me, brother. Make an overly complicated flowchart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
as Trey's jokes go this one isn't nearly as good as "I used to be a liberal for real until all those liberals ruined it with their liberalling"

Hey, hate to break it to you, but youse guys ain't "liberaling" no mo.

Haven't been for awhile now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

tstone wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
tstone wrote:

Do you read at all?

Of course they can. But it was the Leftists here in America who thought they were in charge. That history was on their side and they were engaged in an ongoing campaign to reshape the nation and the culture to their liking.

No, the racists, neo-Confederates, Alt-Righters, white nationalists, and neo-Nazis, and Dominionists who comprise the greater majority of the base of Trump's support are still deplorable.

Nothing's changed on that front..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
tstone wrote:

why conservatives arent funny

http://www.elephantjournal.com/2012/05/why-conservatives-are...
Quote:
Humor takes balls. There’s no such thing as conservative humor. The libertine is the risk taker, the philanderer, the scatalogical saint, the sodomizer; whereas the conservative is the retentive, the traditionalist, the meticulous sexual anorexic. One must be tortured, dikey, fat, ugly or Jewish in order to be funny.

Conservatives, according to Freud, have an unconscious paranoia surrounding their anuses and therefore are obsessed with their buttholes. This makes them the perpetual “butt end” of all jokes.

Conservatives take life seriously, and thereby miss the entire point of what makes life meaningful, which is the non-serious, the playful and the sexually deviant.

Conservatism seeks to preserve power, social class, and tradition; it is inherently non-subversive, non-irreverent, and therefore non-ironic. Humor comes at the expense of power’s sway, it undermines tradition, and revolts at the thought of conformity. Conservatism does the opposite.

It was very funny, in fact in underlines my argument made in another thread where Davidgefs is white-nighting some libtard who exhibited this exact same sentiment.

[Disclaimer: I am what is considered a conservative by Canadian standards, but by American standards I blew past Libtard about an hour ago and embebbed my head straight up communism's ass.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Donald Trump Is Shocked His Working-Class Supporters Believed His B.S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
tstone wrote:

Do you read at all?

Then they got spanked by reality.

And didn't react well.

Sure, there have been rightward authoritarians. Lots of them.

But that is not what we are dealing with, either in the culture or in the above cartoon.

Didn't we just hear from Mr. Sessions how marijuana is bad, is only consumed by bad people and how he'd pursue folks as AG? Is this not an example of authoritarianism?

How about the recent story of a proposed Texas law to require either the cremation or burial of fetal remains? This would impose very costly new REGULATIONS on medical facilities for what state interest? Another exercise of authority?

Trump wants to once again dredge up the notion of criminalizing flag burning. Is this not also a classic exercise in authoritarianism? Antonin Scalia, the very Justice that Trump claims to want to replace in demeanor opined very clearly that flag burning was part of free speech rights.

As for the Democrats getting spanked (not sure getting the popular vote is properly defined as a spanking) wasn't a big issue between the support of global free trade versus trade protectionism? The threat or implementation of tariffs seems more on the authoritarian side of things doesn't it?

You might want to look in the mirror and bit to see how different you and those leftists truly are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:

Didn't we just hear from Mr. Sessions how marijuana is bad, is only consumed by bad people and how he'd pursue folks as AG? Is this not an example of authoritarianism?

Yes, and National Review, hardly a liberal rag, spanked him for it.

Quote:

How about the recent story of a proposed Texas law to require either the cremation or burial of fetal remains? This would impose very costly new REGULATIONS on medical facilities for what state interest? Another exercise of authority?

That one is about civilization and how we treat our dead. Not treating them like debris to be thrown out with the garbage.

Quote:

Trump wants to once again dredge up the notion of criminalizing flag burning. Is this not also a classic exercise in authoritarianism? Antonin Scalia, the very Justice that Trump claims to want to replace in demeanor opined very clearly that flag burning was part of free speech rights.

I disagreed with that. But IMO, he was trolling you guys. And he was rewarded with hippie flag burners going nuts. Which...bit of a PR nightmare for you, especially in a day with ever present video.

Quote:

As for the Democrats getting spanked (not sure getting the popular vote is properly defined as a spanking)

Since that gets you the prize between squat and shiite, while you got owned where it counts, the EC, yeah. It does.

Quote:

wasn't a big issue between the support of global free trade versus trade protectionism? The threat or implementation of tariffs seems more on the authoritarian side of things doesn't it?

And that is an ongoing debate in conservative circles, frankly, one I haven't made my mind up about. Because economics are also a security issue, which, especially on the national, international level, the federal government most definitely has a role to play.

I favor a light hand, but if another country has us over the barrel, trade wise, hell yes, there should be a leavening. IMO.

Quote:

You might want to look in the mirror and bit to see how different you and those leftists truly are.

Still pretty damned different.

I've never told a Lefty because I didn't like how they voted, they need to die in a fire/get cancer and die or otherwise expire.

I never wanted to censor their thoughts or speech or have the state tell them what they could say and where.

I never wanted to tell a small business they must toss out personal convictions in the conduct of their trade.

We could go down the list, but yes, nowadays, modern Leftists are MOST DEFINITELY more authoritarian, even totalitarian-oriented than the Right, at least in America.

It hasn't always been thus. It is now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
tstone wrote:
GROGnads wrote:
tstone wrote:

Not really...what?

Dude...
/surprise\

YOU--->Lucy just AS Schroeder--->Pres.TRUMP and together = GAYES for one another. NOT that there's anything "alt-right" with that. surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
tstone wrote:
GROGnads wrote:
tstone wrote:

Not really...what?

Dude...
/surprise\

YOU--->Lucy just AS Schroeder--->Pres.TRUMP and together = GAYES for one another. NOT that there's anything "alt-right" with that. surprise

Is that going to be the new thing now? Taking a rightward view is now going to be "alt right"?

a. not sure you really know what the "alt right" is, beyond being a perjorative, cause you heard some dude say it someplace.

b. using it like that is going to quickly kick it down to the other worn out Leftist epithents, like "bigot", etc. Dig through the trash pile, they are all there, along with dead batteries, used condoms and empty soup cans. Oh and filled, dirty diapers. Lots of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

tstone wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:

Still pretty damned different.

I've never told a Lefty because I didn't like how they voted, they need to die in a fire/get cancer and die or otherwise expire.

I never wanted to censor their thoughts or speech or have the state tell them what they could say and where.

I never wanted to tell a small business they must toss out personal convictions in the conduct of their trade.

One's individual personal convictions have no meaningful or rightful place in making a transaction in the public marketplace. Indeed, there should never be anything irrelevant to or contrary to good capitalistic business ethics to come between a customer and the product(s) and/or service(s) that one offers for sale in the public marketplace. After all, the only meritorious factor in a transaction is the medium of exchange: money.

Otherwise, if you're Hellbent on proactively projecting your religio-bigoted discrimiantion toward others, then you need to move your business to a private home. Otherwise, you're going to go out of business once folks learn about your prejudice anyway.

And since the public marketplace will NEVER be Dominionized, you Dominionists will just have to cook up another End-Times scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hyper Bolus
msg tools
Rulesjd wrote:
tstone wrote:

Do you read at all?

Nowhere in the quoted sentence did he state "Rightists" or conservatives could not be authoritarian themselves. Are you and your thumbers fucking retarded?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:
tstone wrote:

Do you read at all?

Did you read it? Did you understand it? Or were you wearing your ideological blinders so you missed it? Here, let me explain it to you. Grog made that point that Lucy was "miscast" as the "liberal" because she's "authoritarian" in the original comic strip. The response was that "liberals" (more specifically the PC SJW types) can be "authoritarian" and thus having her play the role of the hypocritical liberal in the parody comic was entirely appropriate. Nothing was said about whether or not "rightists" could be authoritarian (subsequently it was acknowledge that of course they could be). Perhaps you should start reading before suggesting that other have not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.