$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23% of Goal | 30 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: Game with simmilar mechanics as Warhammer Quest adventure card game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Chudarek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Hi guys, I ended up with field commander Napoleon And C&C ancients plus preordered Comancheria for solitaire So thanx alot for ur help. I would like to ask yet if There is a wargame with simmilar game mechanics as Warhammer Quest adventure card game which I enjoy alot. Thanx in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sérgio Alves
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkham Horror: The Card Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as a "wargame" that's like WHG:ACG, I know of none. The aforementioned Arkham horror card game is a game from the same vein, but not a wargame.

If you're just looking for a card based wargame/conflict game, there are a few you could check out, but not really similar to the game you seek.

Germania Magna: Border in Flames- not yet released, but shipping now. Has a semi-cooperative aspect.
Pax Porfiriana/ Pax Pamir/ Pax Renaissance- are economic conflict simulations that are quite fun. Be warned they take several plays to wrap your head around.
Up Front- never played but has glowing reviews and a strong following. It is available exclusively as a print on demand/ print and play right now.

There are others, but those come to mind at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really a topic for the wargame subforum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Avtomatik wrote:
Not really a topic for the wargame subforum.

Yes it is. He asked if there was a wargame that was similar. The answer might be "no," but it's still the right place to ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Nierensieb
Germany
flag msg tools
You might want to check out Warfighter: The Tactical Special Forces Card Game or Warfighter: The WWII Tactical Combat Card Game.

They both play with mostly cards (and chits), enemies and locations are represented by cards and you have actions which are triggered by cards. Attacks are resolved by dice. Your characters are equipped (before the mission, not during) and there is a game mode for advancing player soldiers during a campaign (which I personally find rather lackluster, but still: it is there). So, quite a lot of similarities.

The question is, if you would call the Warfighter-series wargames, but then again: There probably isn't much crossover between Warhammer Quest and real wargames at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Medlin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fields of Fire

Why you might ask:

* Completely card Driven (even though AHCG uses tokens to randomize outcomes)

* Locations are visited by "units" in both games in a card generated map.

* Character / unit progression is a thing in both games.

* There is a campaign with multiple settings in both games.

* There is an activation and "AI" for enemies in both games.

* You can customize how your character / units behave based on assets you choose (deckbuilding vs. asset activation point allocation) in both games.

It's as close as I can come.

If you want something that's opposed that is all card driven then something like Up Front is a good choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.