Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How much do you need to donate to get the banner showing that you gave support this year? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Heisenberg
Spain
Death Star
A galaxy far, far away
flag msg tools
"...there's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
mbmbmbmbmb
15$
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to BGG Help and How-To.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
For supporting, you will receive 1 GeekGold for every dollar you spend.

If you spend $15.00 or more, then you will receive a supporter logo underneath your username.

If you spend $25.00 or more, then you will be able to disable advertisements on the site and unlock the 'viewed' subscription function.

Anyone that supports in 2016 gets the bonus (derived from the number of supporters during the December drive). Currently it stands at a lowly 22.39 gg but last year ended at a whopping 387.81 gg.

You'll also get a micro-badge for the level that you support at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
über evil bob
United States
Mount Doom
Middle-earth
flag msg tools
And you thought Old & CE Bob was Evil
badge
LIVE ACTION SPAM HUNTER
mbmbmbmbmb
because users always ask

Support GG Bonus Distribution History for user: Luddite Slayer

for 2010 153.15 -- 2011-01-01 22:11:40
for 2011 143.30 -- 2012-01-02 14:13:46
for 2012 160.00 -- 2013-01-01 13:29:52
for 2013 207.36 -- 2014-01-01 18:12:56
for 2014 219.82 -- 2015-01-01 22:12:54
for 2015 387.81 -- 2016-01-01 14:16:30

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
How much do you need to donate to get the banner showing that you gave support this year? Thanks!

Click on your own (or anyone's) Patron banner and it will take you to the donation page which includes the information, "If you spend $15.00 or more, then you will receive a supporter logo underneath your username. "

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
For supporting, you will receive 1 GeekGold for every dollar you spend.

If you spend $15.00 or more, then you will receive a supporter logo underneath your username.

If you spend $25.00 or more, then you will be able to disable advertisements on the site and unlock the 'viewed' subscription function.

Anyone that supports in 2016 gets the bonus (derived from the number of supporters during the December drive). Currently it stands at a lowly 22.39 gg but last year ended at a whopping 387.81 gg.

You'll also get a micro-badge for the level that you support at.

It disables advertisements for the year? Unfortunately, sometimes the advertisements tell of kickstarters I'm not aware of.

I also can't say that I'm a fan of different colored patron banners based on amount donated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
I also can't say that I'm a fan of different colored patron banners based on amount donated.

?? The colors in the Patron banner are different every year, but identical for all Patrons.

Perhaps you're trying to refer to the Bronze, Copper, Gold MicroBadges, which you must actively request and more actively place in the ID that appears to the left of your posted messages. It's not public unless you make it so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
It disables advertisements for the year? Unfortunately, sometimes the advertisements tell of kickstarters I'm not aware of.

It gives you the ability to customize what ads you can see. You can see all, some, or none. There's a checkbox list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there someway of removing the banner? This is my first year donating, and frankly, I think it looks a little tacky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
joetaco wrote:
Is there someway of removing the banner? This is my first year donating, and frankly, I think it looks a little tacky.

It can be removed with adblock ($25 level, or adblock with geekgold)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
joetaco wrote:

OH, my mistake, I wasn't clear. I meant is there a way to remove the patron banner. I don't like the idea of wearing an "I donated" sticker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joetaco wrote:
I meant is there a way to remove the patron banner. I don't like the idea of wearing an "I donated" sticker.

C'mon... all the cool kids are doing it. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Leamons
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is this "viewed" subscription function?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SJAirshark wrote:

This came up in my subscriptions. Say I went and looked at another subscription, then decided I wanted to come back and say something else. I could go to the subscription page and click Viewed and see the ping for this thread, and come back to it. Basically, it looks like the subscription page, but it's a history view, rather than a "to-read" view.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Holidays! ABCDEFGHIJK MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
SJAirshark wrote:

This came up in my subscriptions. Say I went and looked at another subscription, then decided I wanted to come back and say something else. I could go to the subscription page and click Viewed and see the ping for this thread, and come back to it. Basically, it looks like the subscription page, but it's a history view, rather than a "to-read" view.

Any user can view their contributions to see what they've posted. Viewed lets you see things that were in your subscriptions, but didn't subscribe to (as by replying and subscribing to replies). So, it's more for, "I should have subscribed/replied to...."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
ilmatyynyalukseni on täynnä ankeriaita
mbmbmbmbmb
joetaco wrote:
indigopotter wrote:
joetaco wrote:

OH, my mistake, I wasn't clear. I meant is there a way to remove the patron banner. I don't like the idea of wearing an "I donated" sticker.

you can't remove it.
you could create another account and transfer all your GG over and start again and use the older user solely for donating. but your microbadges and contributions don't transfer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
indigopotter wrote:
SJAirshark wrote:

Any user can view their contributions to see what they've posted. Viewed lets you see things that were in your subscriptions, but didn't subscribe to (as by replying and subscribing to replies). So, it's more for, "I should have subscribed/replied to...."

Very handy if you absent-mindedly click 'read'. Very similar view:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
shadow9d9 wrote:

Click on your own (or anyone's) Patron banner and it will take you to the donation page which includes the information, "If you spend $15.00 or more, then you will receive a supporter logo underneath your username. "

I now notice this info is present on the funding banner, faintly below the progress bar saying "$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus ". Could be we didn't notice earlier, or could be it has been more recently added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
The $15 for patron perks is long standing.

Here's a user who took an image of the supporter drive when it first went up:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.