Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I'll be travelling to Ellesmere Port for work, and was wondering if there are any gaming groups nearby that would like an extra player?

I enjoy Euros, although nothing too heavy.

I'll only be around Monday - Wednesday evenings, and Monday I'll likely be too tired.

So anything on a Tuesday or Wednesday?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Roach
United Kingdom
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We game on Wednesdays at the Bird in Hand in Guilden Sutton from 7 until 11. Guilden Sutton is between Ellesmere Port and Chester. You are very welcome to join us. We play euros almost exclusively so seem to fit the bill.

Chester Games Club run in the city centre on Mondays. Liverpool Lions play on Mondays. Tuesdays would require travelling to Crewe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks John - Wedensday's sounds good.

Do you guys have a website or Facebook group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Roach
United Kingdom
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No we are an informal meet up of 5/6 gaming buddies which kicked off a couple of years ago when 3 of us who boardgame at Deeside Defenders on Thursdays were looking for an additional session. The pub could not take a big influx of players so we are not actively trying to build the group numbers.

To give you an idea of what we play. Over the past month or so:
The Voyages of Marco Polo, World's Fair 1893, Flamme Rouge, Shakespeare, Power Grid the Card Game, The Last Spike, Concordia, Age of Steam, Kingdom Builder, Chariot Race.

It is a nice village pub by the way with a selection of real ales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information John - sounds like my kind of games, although I've only actually played 2 of them (Concordia and Kingdom Builder).

I'm guessing with 5/6 you split into two tables?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam I
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Another Wednesday night would be Warrington Board Games Club - http://www.meetup.com/Board-Games-Club-Warrington/ a bit further travel but doable for a larger meetup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Roach
United Kingdom
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With 5 we would keep to one table. With 6 we generally play a 6 player game or two and then probably split into two tables.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough - most of the games you listed only play to four.

Is there any love for Resistance or ONUW?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Roach
United Kingdom
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRiddler1976 wrote:
Fair enough - most of the games you listed only play to four.

Is there any love for Resistance or ONUW?

I am not sure if any of us have played either game

We have played a lot of 4 player games recently as we have mostly been 4! (Will is working away at the moment).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ONUW probably isn't doable in a pub in fairness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Parka
msg tools
mbmb
Quite surreal to see Ellesmere Port on here as its my home town! I might have spoken to you on the Board game Trading and Chat UK (bit of a mouthful) page on FB too.

A couple of us sporadically play games at mine once a week, you're welcome to join us. Play a mixture of Carcassonne, Conan, Pandemic etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lonely Luchadore wrote:
Quite surreal to see Ellesmere Port on here as its my home town! I might have spoken to you on the Board game Trading and Chat UK (bit of a mouthful) page on FB too.

A couple of us sporadically play games at mine once a week, you're welcome to join us. Play a mixture of Carcassonne, Conan, Pandemic etc.

Sorry - Carcasonne and Conan!

So, a wide variety of games then :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.