Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A test and a few notes, to start off with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, you do good work Nick. Are you actually playing, or just painting the lovely toys?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I know I've seen you around a few of these places... at the moment, Kingdom death is the big game at the moment for the group, I'm slowly playing through Silver Tower (the one of our group who's least available likes it, so we've been waiting for her), haven't started playing Overkill, I've built most of the minis, but have been a little slow getting them on the table, since I'm casting bases before attaching the models. Hoping that winter break will see this far enough along to start pkaying

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
Hey, I know I've seen you around a few of these places... at the moment, Kingdom death is the big game at the moment for the group, I'm slowly playing through Silver Tower (the one of our group who's least available likes it, so we've been waiting for her), haven't started playing Overkill, I've built most of the minis, but have been a little slow getting them on the table, since I'm casting bases before attaching the models. Hoping that winter break will see this far enough along to start pkaying

Yeah, I mainly seem to loiter around the GW games these days, although I'm bouncing around the Kingdom Death forums a bit at the moment too, so I've seen your avatar pop up quite often.

I am so far behind on painting, it's not even funny anymore. I just had to give up on the idea of painting before playing, otherwise none of my games would be on the table!

You do a great job with the dark themes - these hybrids and the Kingdom Death stuff. You've really got a great eye for capturing the idea that these models are emerging from the gloom, with only the spot lights to give them real definition. Very impressive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, yeah, I kinda' shoot for fully painted, but usually it's more like
mostly assembled and starting to paint by the first game, hopefully finished by the end of the 1st campaign, maybe?"

I'm rolling along pretty well on Silver Tower, think at the slow rate we're playing that, minus a few old GW minis I'm using for expansion heroes, I'll hit that. This guy went quickly enough that I'm feeling pretty confident about a similar goal for DW:OK as long as I remember to keep casting those bases. One of the big things for me is pacing my "reward" minis so I don't go crazy painting the samey ones and know I'll be doing a big monster or character between each batch of production-style.

And thanks on the job! I've started to play with a much more reduced OSL look than what I mostly do with Kingdom Death-- I really don't like the light influence on a regularly lit mini (breaks my sense of atmosphere), do like doing light effects, but also don't think it's practical to do whole armies in the full lighting effects I use on KD, so this is kind of a midpoint- darker-than-average minis with lighting effects that suggest the same idea but a way faster technique.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko J
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
Looks very atmospheric. I wouldn't want to bump into him in a dark mining complex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.