Hide
7 Posts

Pax Renaissance» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bishops pacifying in situ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas M
msg tools
Part of the inquisition action allows you to pacify a repressed token o the card a bishop moves to. I did not see rules that implied that a bishop could move to the same card he started on. Is this allowed? Can a bishop just pacify a repressed token on the card he began or does he have to move off and then back?

Tom Mc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matty Totonchy
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A literal reading of the rules suggests the answer is that the bishop must move and it can only move to adjacent or other cards with the same location but not to itself. Pacification only happens as the result of a move. So you can't use the inquisitor action to move a bishop to the same card it sits on and pacify a token.

The living rules read:
"Use this Op to move a Bishop token of the color specified by the inquisitor icon from one tableau card to an adjacent card in the same Tableau, or to another card (in any Tableau) that has the same Location as the one it currently sits on. "

Part of the rule specifies the action is used to move the bishop. There is no "may" involved in the description of the operation. None of the rules that follow the above permit not moving as an option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas M
msg tools
That is my interpretation as well but I can easily see the other being intended. It is however, as agreed, not what the rules literally state. At least how I read them.

Tom Mc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
To make this clear, I added (to the Pacification rule in F1 living rules): "You must physically move the Bishop to pacify."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keywood Cheves
United States
Earlysville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can I find the living rules for Pax Renaissance? I can't find them on the Sierra Madre website or the Yahoo Group website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On smgs website under the game entry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keywood Cheves
United States
Earlysville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.