$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 86.64

5,704 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
35.9% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I somehow donate $15 so another user gets the supporter designation and micro badge?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty certain the answer is NO. Partly because not everybody who is a patron wants the supporter designation/microbadge and I doubt the BGG admins want to have to sort out who fits that category!

You could try giving the user $15 with a suggestion that you hope they will support BGG with that money...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Pretty certain the answer is NO. Partly because not everybody who is a patron wants the supporter designation/microbadge and I doubt the BGG admins want to have to sort out who fits that category!

You could try giving the user $15 with a suggestion that you hope they will support BGG with that money...


With that logic they would still get the option to "update badges" if they want the designation and not if they don't.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
OutOfHabit wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
Pretty certain the answer is NO. Partly because not everybody who is a patron wants the supporter designation/microbadge and I doubt the BGG admins want to have to sort out who fits that category!

You could try giving the user $15 with a suggestion that you hope they will support BGG with that money...


With that logic they would still get the option to "update badges" if they want the designation and not if they don't.


That only applies to microbadges. Not to the "patron bar".
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
OutOfHabit wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
Pretty certain the answer is NO. Partly because not everybody who is a patron wants the supporter designation/microbadge and I doubt the BGG admins want to have to sort out who fits that category!

You could try giving the user $15 with a suggestion that you hope they will support BGG with that money...


With that logic they would still get the option to "update badges" if they want the designation and not if they don't.


That only applies to microbadges. Not to the "patron bar".


Actually I think that's not true. I looked this morning and thought I only had up through the 15 showing below my name. Then when I hit update, it showed 16. (Full disclosure: I am recovering from a concussion so maybe I looked at my displayed MBs before hitting the button and the patron support after but I didn't think so.)


If so: how are people patrons without it? Anonymous checks? Low amounts?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think some people use a sock puppet to donate if they don't want the badge under their main avatar. Also, some might mail a check without a username, or, one could donate as Secret Santa or something.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Yes, you could as 'moi' had for any or A-L-L of that! In fact, I'm looking for another this year of whom can afford the $25-level. What if there were several 'contributors' on that also? Geek Mail me whomever further upon the matter, and FIRST reply shall suffice.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.