Hide
5 Posts

Food Chain Magnate» Forums » Rules

Subject: Food Chain Magnate and number of milestone cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Orla Mitchell
msg tools
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where else to post.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how many of each type of milestone card the deck should include with Food Chain Magnate.

I just bought a copy the other day and played for the first time today. A bunch of the decks have 6 cards which doesn't make sense to me because you can only play with 5 people and each person can only get one. And a bunch of them have less then 5, one of them only has 2.

The rule book just lists the total number of cards and not a break down of how many of each there are. Not that I could find anyway. I'm assuming this is an error with my version, I just want to double check before I bring it back incase I just missed it written down somewhere and there is some rule I don't understand for their being a variable number of cards and some reason for there being more than 5 in some cases.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
The reason for it is simplifying printing, with everything printed in multiples of three.

There's no need for the extra cards, but it's not indicative of any issue with your copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. Rexford
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
Thufferin Thuccotash!! It'th Cold out Here!
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've read in this thread, it's just a printing thingy;

milestone card count

There are unequal amounts of milestone cards, but that does not 'limit' their amount needed in game. The 'extra' cards are simply leftovers from printing sheets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Questions like this for a game are best asked in the game's own forum. The manual does mention the possible need for proxies in case you run out of cards. Odds are rather low you will need them. The milestone cards can only be achieved in the same round when one or more players qualify. Any unclaimed cards for that specific achievement are removed from the game after that round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General Gaming to Food Chain Magnate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.