Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: 4 Player Campaign Setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Daley
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi there.
I realise you need the 2nd core set to build the decks for 4 players but do I use the campaign cards in the second set to add to the campaign decks? Where applicable obviously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, only a single set of encounter cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't double up, the number of cards shuffled into the decks isn't increased with the number of players, only the cards dealt out (so yes you will run through it quicker, just shuffle and make a new deck).
However having that second core allows you to have all the scenarios set up at once since you don't have to share cards across them.

Oh and use 1 set of weaknesses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Daley
Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks so much guys. I got my stuff yesterday as there was a wait here in regional Queensland.
I am looking forward to learning and playing the game with others at the local club tonight. Sleeving up and building decks to be ready to go now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Daley
Australia
flag msg tools
Only realised as well. The tokens for the skill set. Just one lot of those as well? ONly really using the character cards to make the investigator decks right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that's correct, you aren't really forced to do much different for the set up, other than specifically what the campaign book will tell you. It does have some notes about player count. But other than that you set the bag, and encounter decks pretty much the same for any player count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Daley
Australia
flag msg tools
Cheers again! Wish me luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
Omega Centauri
badge
Published in 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
Although with a second core set you have enough cards to setup up all 3 scenarios of the campaign in advance - which makes set up a bit quicker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.