48.9% of Goal | left

Support:

Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking over the set-up instructions, it says that if you are playing this in stand-alone mode, the elder thing token is added to the chaos bag.

However, if you are playing this in campaign mode, it says to use the chaos bag without modifications. My question is: say you play this side mission after Night of the Zealot Scenario 1 or 2 - the elder thing token has not been added to the chaos bag yet, so would you leave it out here?

If we go by the set-up card, it wouldn't be added, even though it appears on the Easy/Normal token reference sheet.

We house ruled to add it, going by the grim rule, but then we failed miserably, haha. This token definitely aided in our downfall, so I'm curious what other playgroups are doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel that since it says use your existing campaign bag that it was correct to use the campaign bag as it currently exists, unmodified. This does make the scenario a little bit easier if you play it early in the base campaign, but I'm generally favourable towards the idea of keeping my investigators alive when I'm using a side story like this as part of a campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.