Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my Black Friday week sale purchase from PrinterStudio.com today, about five days earlier than promised. They were apparently short on their typical card stock for the 300g smooth, so they upgraded me to a 330g superior smooth card stock that they don't normally offer on their site. It seems it's the same offered by MakePlayingCards.com. I was a bit wary of the extra thickness, but I really like the final product! The "superior smooth" surface is actually a closer match for the texture of the official cards. The color on the prints is deep, rich, and bright. The color corrected card back I've posted here in the past is a near identical match to the official cards when printed.

I designed replacements for the starting cards, which look super worn and frankly I'm sick of looking at them. You can see the versions I printed in my gallery along with custom designed Twists and Strikes. I also printed out proxies for some cards that have gotten damaged or lost over the years, new copies of Agents of SHIELD Season 3 Officer cards from the custom cards database, and some of my fave custom heroes, villains, and masterminds. 198 cards overall. Some of these cards are replacements for cards I had printed with CowCow.com's recurring 4 for 20 deal. They're good and cheap, but a couple of mm bigger than the official cards, and the printing isn't quite as good. If their deal comes around again, I may print out the Star Wars Legendary variant via CowCow.com, but not for mixing in with the base game anymore.

One of my Christmas presents to my daughter will be de-sleeving Legendary. She hates the sleeves and won't play it anymore, with makes me sad. This is my solution. I'm pretty happy with it so far.

BTW, they've still got their Cyber Monday week sale going on through Friday. Use code CYBER2016. 12% off you order. Not huge, but I'll take it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sabird wrote:
Just got my Black Friday week sale purchase from PrinterStudio.com today, about five days earlier than promised. They were apparently short on their typical card stock for the 300g smooth, so they upgraded me to a 330g superior smooth card stock that they don't normally offer on their site. It seems it's the same offered by MakePlayingCards.com. I was a bit wary of the extra thickness, but I really like the final product! The "superior smooth" surface is actually a closer match for the texture of the official cards. The color on the prints is deep, rich, and bright. The color corrected card back I've posted here in the past is a near identical match to the official cards when printed.

I designed replacements for the starting cards, which look super worn and frankly I'm sick of looking at them. You can see the versions I printed in my gallery along with custom designed Twists and Strikes. I also printed out proxies for some cards that have gotten damaged or lost over the years, new copies of Agents of SHIELD Season 3 Officer cards from the custom cards database, and some of my fave custom heroes, villains, and masterminds. 198 cards overall. Some of these cards are replacements for cards I had printed with CowCow.com's recurring 4 for 20 deal. They're good and cheap, but a couple of mm bigger than the official cards, and the printing isn't quite as good. If their deal comes around again, I may print out the Star Wars Legendary variant via CowCow.com, but not for mixing in with the base game anymore.

One of my Christmas presents to my daughter will be de-sleeving Legendary. She hates the sleeves and won't play it anymore, with makes me sad. This is my solution. I'm pretty happy with it so far.

BTW, they've still got their Cyber Monday week sale going on through Friday. Use code CYBER2016. 12% off you order. Not huge, but I'll take it!

Your custom SHIELD cards look great! How much did you pay for this? I have the same problems, hate sleeves, and have considered buying a new core set just to take the starting cards and board from it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After the discount and shipping, the total came to around US$60 for the 198 cards. If you're only printing out the starting cards, I imagine it would be closer to US$20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anybody spot a link to the custom S.H.I.E.L.D. cards? I'm curious to see what they look like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You can also find some of the others in my gallery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Could you also post the card back you used? I think I got it from you originally, but I rather be safe than sorry haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legendary card back sized and color corrected for PrinterStudio.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.