Subject: OL benefits rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Kollmer
United States
South Lee
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I didn't find this in the rules. I'm assuming the OL benefits can be used once each turn.... but only can effect one unit when used? Or are these a one time use per game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you mean by benefits?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Ruiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
You mean the reroll, extra move, and guard? The guard and reroll can be used as long as you have gems to pay for it. Move may be used as long as you have gems to pay for it, but no figure may pay for more movement than it's original movement value (ie: if you 3 base move, can't spend more than 3 gems on a single figure).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kollmer
United States
South Lee
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I did mean the reroll/move/guard actions.

So this answer my question, however I was also assuming the OL used each once per turn. And it was used up till the OL recovery phase. But your answer sounds like it's really the exact same as the heros? So they can be used as long as I have gems to spend on them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dragonsmogg wrote:
So they can be used as long as I have gems to spend on them?

Correct, with the caveat about maximum movement mentioned above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kollmer
United States
South Lee
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Awesome! Thanks guys!
I'm really diggin this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swammeyjoe wrote:
You mean the reroll, extra move, and guard? The guard and reroll can be used as long as you have gems to pay for it. Move may be used as long as you have gems to pay for it, but no figure may pay for more movement than it's original movement value (ie: if you 3 base move, can't spend more than 3 gems on a single figure).

So for example, a pirate can move its base 3 and then pay up to 3 gems for 3 more spaces max? So in theory the pirate can move 6 spaces if you pay the max?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
asgelb wrote:
So for example, a pirate can move its base 3 and then pay up to 3 gems for 3 more spaces max? So in theory the pirate can move 6 spaces if you pay the max?

Correct, but note that minions (units which can be reinforced) are rarely worth investing so many gems in - they're most often better spent on defense or rerolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.