Hide
4 Posts

Aeon's End» Forums » Rules

Subject: Warper and Reeve's power rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tibbles von tibbleton
msg tools
The Warper says any damage must be dealt to it. Reeve's power says 5 damage to 1 minion and 3 damage to another. What happens if the Warper is in play and I use Reeve's power?

1. I may do 3 or 5 damage to Warper and 5 or 3 to a second minion.
2. I must 5 damage to Warper and 3 damage to a second minion.
3. I must do all 8 damage to Warper because all damage must hit it.
4. I do 5 damage to Warper and the 3 is lost because hitting a second target is not allowed.

Depending on which is the result, have a follow up question too. What happens if the Warper will die from some of the damage? For example, would case 3 change if 5 of the 8 damage is enough to kill it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
GIlbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#3 makes the most sense to me, but if the Warper dies from the initial hit, the second attack dealing 3 damage can hit another minion or the nemesis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
tibbles wrote:
The Warper says any damage must be dealt to it. Reeve's power says 5 damage to 1 minion and 3 damage to another. What happens if the Warper is in play and I use Reeve's power?

1. I may do 3 or 5 damage to Warper and 5 or 3 to a second minion.
2. I must 5 damage to Warper and 3 damage to a second minion.
3. I must do all 8 damage to Warper because all damage must hit it.
4. I do 5 damage to Warper and the 3 is lost because hitting a second target is not allowed.

Depending on which is the result, have a follow up question too. What happens if the Warper will die from some of the damage? For example, would case 3 change if 5 of the 8 damage is enough to kill it?

#4 is correct. If the first 5 damage kills warper, then the 3 damage can be dealt to a different minion. Good question, this is tricky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tibbles von tibbleton
msg tools
Thanks for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.