Kai Scheuer
Germany
Eppelsheim
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Myladies, Gentlemen,

Welcome to the 24 hour contest December 2016.
The basic rules-/discussion-/subscription thread can be found here.

We still have got supporters!
Standing ovations for

Nancy Hutchins
United States
Harvard
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

who offered stunning a price of 200 for September, October, November AND December EACH!

Also,

Nizo
msg tools
mbmb

who offered to tip 20 for the winner of a month's contest as long as there are at least 3 submissions per month.

Also,

Jeremy Peet
United States
Milford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I make stuff. Visit jpeetdesigns.com
mbmbmbmbmb

as well as

United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

each offered a donation of 120 for the year 2016.
That is 10 price money from each of them per month - unconditionally!

Last but not least, we've got a microbadge you can buy, if you want to show the world, that you participated in the 24 hour contest:

24 Hour Contest participant

Thanks to

'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

for creating the badge!

Once again, Christmas draws near.
The good children will be gifted with presents, while the bad ones will receive charcoal. Which, actually, is a pretty nice requirement for a contest ..

So, this month's requirement will be:

Charcoal

Remember: The requirement is just a requirement - not necessarily a theme! It's up to you, how you involve it in your game!

Happy designing and kind regards,
Kai

p.s.:

In the behaviour rules (see link to basic rules thread above) I've written:
Quote:
Please create a second posting in that thread to present your creation.

Please do present your game along with a short description in a posting. The reason I ask you to do this is simple: Creating geeklist entries becomes easier for me because from time to time copy-n-pasting from PDFs produces unexpected results (such as copying only odd symbols into the clipboard ..)
Thanks a lot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The only reason I even know what charcoal means is that it is the stuff you can create in Minecraft by burning wood. In case that gives anyone any weird ideas for a 24h boardgame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Bruno
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
pelni wrote:
The only reason I even know what charcoal means is that it is the stuff you can create in Minecraft by burning wood. In case that gives anyone any weird ideas for a 24h boardgame.

In that case. Can I submit this as my entry. hehe JK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carolyn Choate
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You guys were right, this is very addicting! Such a fun way to challenge my creativity.

I'm working away now. I've realized that I have to not check the theme until I'm ready to devote 24 hours because my mind starts churning and coming up with ideas right away. I got my idea today while out walking at 3:20 pm.

It might be as far from Christmas themed as you can get, but I'm doing a charcoal grill game! I'll have my post with the completed game tomorrow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It is ok to start thinking aboit the theme before the 24 hours begin. From contest rules: "You may prepare your contribution mentally as long as you like; the 24 hours are your limit for the physical part of the game (rules, components"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carolyn Choate
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
pelni wrote:
It is ok to start thinking aboit the theme before the 24 hours begin. From contest rules: "You may prepare your contribution mentally as long as you like; the 24 hours are your limit for the physical part of the game (rules, components"

Oh! I could have sworn it said idea to finished product was 24 hours. I don't know why I keep missing things in the rules. One of these months I'm going to get it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carolyn Choate
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Grill Time

Roll, reroll, and lock dice to grill more food than your opponents.

A real time dice game played in parallel with any number of other people. Dice have charcoal sides and food sides. Different foods cost different numbers of charcoal to finish.

PDF here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5dFP-TxpkB-M3dibVdlZFpnajA...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.