Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Murray
United States
NorthPole
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Several years ago a new investment group bought the original molds and the Marx name from the bankruptcy holders and restarted the Marx company. Along with the classic Marx toys they have also bought the molds and rights to a few other lost classics and have begun to bring them back. So after decades in the dark the glowing Green Ghost
is back. If your looking for a copy of the Green Ghost game by Marx you can now get them directly from Marx.

The phone # is: 1-800-808-MARX
they are 29.95 + shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Not BEING.

WAS.

The reprint was in 1997. They may still have stock, I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's details:
http://www.samstoybox.com/toys/GreenGhost.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Estes
United States
La Vergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! I never owned this game as a child but always wanted to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jason
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Hmmm....and it's not Valley games that's reprinting it? Interesting...I was under the impression that they had the market cornered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Li'l Ronnie Post
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Tom Vader wrote:
If your looking for a copy of the Green Ghost game by Marx you can now get them directly from Marx.

The phone # is: 1-800-808-MARX
they are 29.95 + shipping.

Actually, the website posted says "no longer available from them". The minimalistic MARX website does not list it. I haven't called, though, so if you're really interested you might check to make sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Bass
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
What's this? Why, it's the Hiller Flying Platform! It flew in 1955.
mbmbmbmbmb
About three years ago I acquired the Marx re-issue of Green Ghost. It was terribly produced. Pieces were missing and one major manufacturing flaw made the game unplayable, namely, the spinner had absolutely no glowing parts whatever. I contacted Marx to ask about this and they basically said, "well, that's the best we can do."

The Marx "reissue" was total junk. Best to get the original Transogram version on Ebay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SkyGazer wrote:
About three years ago I acquired the Marx re-issue of Green Ghost. It was terribly produced. Pieces were missing and one major manufacturing flaw made the game unplayable, namely, the spinner had absolutely no glowing parts whatever. I contacted Marx to ask about this and they basically said, "well, that's the best we can do."

The Marx "reissue" was total junk. Best to get the original Transogram version on Ebay.

As a player of the orginal and an owner of the reprint this could not be nore true. However there were stickers to put on the spinner to make it glow but the original is far better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Doyle
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
All I can say is why bother reprinting this thing? I had it when I was a kid and played it exactly ONCE-- Worst Gameplay Ever! What you do during the game is irrelevant to who wins, which is determined by a spin once everyone makes it through the course. Might as well roll some dice and high roller wins. Absolutely no skill, and the luck that contributes to the win is all concentrated in one spin at the end! This thing was all gimmick and nothing else. I felt totally ripped of by the game, and consider it the absolute quintessential lame play mechanics. The game is a total joke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Wright
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sync wrote:
All I can say is why bother reprinting this thing? I had it when I was a kid and played it exactly ONCE-- Worst Gameplay Ever! What you do during the game is irrelevant to who wins, which is determined by a spin once everyone makes it through the course. Might as well roll some dice and high roller wins. Absolutely no skill, and the luck that contributes to the win is all concentrated in one spin at the end! This thing was all gimmick and nothing else. I felt totally ripped of by the game, and consider it the absolute quintessential lame play mechanics. The game is a total joke.

Well, yeah, if you actually use it to PLAY THE GAME... but I see this as more like a Mousetrap kind of thing--setting the thing up and then making up adventures to play out on it was one of the most fun memories of my childhood...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
D'oh, I thought somebody might actually be reprinting this again and doing it right this time. I wanted to pick up a copy for my collection purely for the nostalgia value. The Marx reprint gets a bad wrap up and the original is way expensive. I wish I still had my Ideal Australia copy from my childhood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.