Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
I got Cluzzle in a Math Trade some time ago, but was waiting for a group with enough people to play it and when I finally did, I was pleasantly surprised...

Cluzzle is Pictionary with clay...sort of. Simply put, everyone gets some clay and a card with some items on it. The player picks something off their card (like "cowboy boot") and makes it out of the clay. Everyone then tries to guess each other's cluzzle. The twist is that the longer your puzzle is unguessed, the more points you get UNLESS no one ever guesses your cluzzle and then you get zero points. The trick is to make your cluzzle "just hard enough." Points are accrued by guessing other people's cluzzles as well.

That's it. Pretty straightforward, and the "just hard enough" factor prevents someone from taking a ball of clay and saying it was supposed for be a Formula One race car. That also makes it different from a lot of other similar Pictionary-style games. It's light enough to make it an easy party game, but some twists to make it interesting. There are some good rules meant to keep the flow of the game going smoothly as well (each guesser only gets to ask four questions per round, timed rounds, et cetera).

(As a side note, many other people have compared this to Klaus Teuber's game "Barbarossa," which I haven't played. It seems like while both games are similar, Cluzzle makes for a more streamlined game while Barbarossa takes a lot longer.)

Another big plus: Dominic Crapuchettes, the game's designer, is also very active on BGG forums. When I commented on the forum that I was disappointed in the quality of the clay, he mailed me and offered to send me some replacement clay. This is some pretty good support. Overall, I was very pleased with the game, and would heartily recommend this to anyone looking for something a bit more interesting than the average party game. (My rating: 6/10, mainly because I only play party games with certain groups of people but I really like it as a party game)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.