Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Kissavos
Sweden
Uppsala
Unspecified
flag msg tools
So, yesterday me and a couple of friends, Johan and Erik, had a little get-together for the first time in a while. One of the games we decided to play was Svea Rike. I had played it once before, Johan had played it a lot and Erik was the unexperienced poor sod onto whom we were going to inflict all the cruelties that this games contains.

The first round started with me getting a couple of fiefs, Erik going for trade and Johan just doing alittle bit of whatever seemed right at the moment. Then the 4th and 5th round both proceeded as follows: Johan goes first, gets a lot of money, buys a lot of History cards, and then ends the turn without letting us play. He had gotten both of these event cards from the start.

Anyway, nothing really happened since we were too busy destroying eachother's build-up's, until the last 4 rounds, which were all "War against Russia".

Therefore the game ended with:

Me: 2 fiefs, nothing else of importanse 2 SP
Johan: 2 fiefs, one SP from winning war against Poland with the help of an event card 3 SP
Erik: 0 fiefs, nothing else either 0 SP

Perhaps the worst game I have ever witnessed.

We proceded with another game, since Erik was a bit upset over the first one.

Now I went for trade, while Erik bought every fief he could get his hands on. Johan got into a position where he could not go for trade or fiefs and was a bit frustrated.

Thanks to some nice rounds of trade, Ihad a lot of money and bought a lot of history cards. Erik bought fief after fief and, at the end, had 10.

My biggest problem was this: After 3 turns I had in my possession both an event card which finishes the round, and an event card which lets me do two turns in that round. With these two cards I sat there, eagerly awaiting a turn with me going first, to get the maximum out of the event cards. Unfortunately, this did not happend. Once. In the game. This was a bit of a disappointment, but I was alright anyway, since I had a lot of money and could buy wery many history cards without problem.

After finishing this time, we counted our SP, and the results this time was:

Me: 3 fiefs,4 traders,a lot of history cards 13 SP
Johan: 4 fiefs, some history cards 11 SP
Erik: 10 fiefs, not much else 11 SP

Victory!

We agreed that Svea Rike is a nice game, which does not take too long to play, and which contains a lot of ways to be mean to the other players (always a plus for me).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Session Report
AndreasKissavos (#25694),

I think the first game is very typical example of Svea Rike, it's such a cruel game...

But I'll have to disagree: I think Svea Rike is way too long for it's depth. But sounds like you might be Swedish - that would cut down the time spent reading the translations of the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Kissavos
Sweden
Uppsala
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Re:Session Report
msaari (#25807),

Yes, I'm Swedish, and I suppose that makes the game move considerably faster. It can really be a cruel game though; if Russia turns up a few times towards the end,you are not going to have much stuff left to get points for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.