Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4980 Posts
[1]  Prev «  22 , 23 , 24 , 25 , 26  Next »  [200] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Women and Gaming

Subject: So, Who Are the Ladies? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BGG_Ladies_Are_Awesome! [+] ladies [+] Introductions [+] welcome [+] [View All]
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome Joy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALREADY Amazing! Lissa
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am Darby from Texas and I am a total newb to the boardgamer world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALREADY Amazing! Lissa
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Welcome!

thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, all!!

My name is Monica, and I come from Norway. My gaming career started, I guess, in my childhood. I was a member of a chess club while in lower secondary. Other than that I played various games growing up. When I got into the real gaming community, it was through Magic, the Gathering. That turned out to be just about empty for women! I was often alone during tournaments. Having jumped over to board games, I met a bigger female community of game playing women. That I find very nice, though I didn`t really mind being the only girl, either. I tend to have various not exactly female oriented hobbies!laugh

I hope we all can stay in touch, get to know each other better. It`s always nice to share experiences with other female gamers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Whitney S
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Monica, welcome to BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much!!

I love it here, fun to get to talk with BGG all over the world.

So, what kind of games do you all go for?

I have some very strong favourites; Colosseum, Thebes, Vikings, Pompeij, Around the world...
I generally love the exploration games out there on the market
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elida wrote:
Thank you very much!!

I love it here, fun to get to talk with BGG all over the world.

So, what kind of games do you all go for?

I have some very strong favourites; Colosseum, Thebes, Vikings, Pompeij, Around the world...
I generally love the exploration games out there on the market

Welcome to BGG! Here is a Women BGGer's list of top 10 games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elizabeth Kate
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm LizKat! I'm very new to BGG, as well as to board games. My friend introduced me to Pandemic and Dominion and a bunch of others when I visited her in North Carolina last week. Imagine my surprise when I discovered this "brave new world/ that has such people in't!"

It's nice to meet you all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s m t
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
His heart was growing full of broken wings and artificial flowers
mbmbmbmbmb
LizKat wrote:
Hi, I'm LizKat! I'm very new to BGG, as well as to board games. My friend introduced me to Pandemic and Dominion and a bunch of others when I visited her in North Carolina last week. Imagine my surprise when I discovered this "brave new world/ that has such people in't!"

Welcome to bgg, LizKat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elizabeth Kate
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

And thanks to those who thumbed my greeting, too. (Isn't it silly how exciting that is?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LizKat wrote:
Thank you!

And thanks to those who thumbed my greeting, too. (Isn't it silly how exciting that is?)

Well, I guess that`s the thrill of meeting other BGG girl. I, too was like that when I started getting in touch with people out here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
LizKat wrote:

Welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorann Crazeeladee
United States
WDBY
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey all,

Long time lurker - first time poster... Have started back into the gaming world after an about 20 year hiatus (or does Candyland count?lol)

Been hangin' at The Source in St. Paul on Saturday nites...Jason and Heather have been great at teaching me some new (for me) games. Would love to meet other Gamer Gals! Just picked up Forbidden Island anybody wanna play?

lorann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MMB
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lorann wrote:
Hey all,

Long time lurker - first time poster... Have started back into the gaming world after an about 20 year hiatus (or does Candyland count?lol)

Been hangin' at The Source in St. Paul on Saturday nites...Jason and Heather have been great at teaching me some new (for me) games. Would love to meet other Gamer Gals! Just picked up Forbidden Island anybody wanna play?

lorann

Welcome, lorann!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MMB
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xuxujoy wrote:
Hello. I'm Joy from California. I enjoy a lot playing games with my husband & kids.

Welcome, Joy!!

Your "flag" states you are from Florida, not California!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm Mindy in Portland, OR. We (the bf and I) got into games a couple months ago when a friend had us play Last Night on Earth and we fell in love with it. We then got Invasion from Outer Space, and Battlestar Galactica, which is our current favorite. (I love it so much!!) I am a bit of an introvert and am trying to figure out how to meet more people to play games with, because I just really love it. We currently play with another couple, and separately with some other friends. I recently joined a Womens Gaming group on meetup.com but haven't gotten to one of their game nights yet. I hope to do that soon. I'm also thinking about going to the Munchkin game day today at a local game store. I'm scared. but I really want to play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s m t
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
Hi, I'm Mindy in Portland, OR. We (the bf and I) got into games a couple months ago when a friend had us play Last Night on Earth and we fell in love with it. We then got Invasion from Outer Space, and Battlestar Galactica, which is our current favorite. (I love it so much!!) I am a bit of an introvert and am trying to figure out how to meet more people to play games with, because I just really love it. We currently play with another couple, and separately with some other friends. I recently joined a Womens Gaming group on meetup.com but haven't gotten to one of their game nights yet. I hope to do that soon. I'm also thinking about going to the Munchkin game day today at a local game store. I'm scared. but I really want to play!

Welcome Mindy!

As you are discovering, there are many different gaming groups in Portland. We are lucky to live in an area with so many wonderful choices.

Below is a link to the Portland area open meet-ups:

http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/60

I hope to see you at some of these events. Please feel free to gm me with any questions or if I can assist in anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh thank you! I was planning to scour these forums for exactly that type of info next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. S.L.
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm Amanda. I moved to NYC 2 weeks ago. I not only play games, but design them and produce them (in higher-end ecologically responsible limited editions) as well. To learn more about my history w/ regards to gaming, see my GeekList here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meredith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, my name is Meredith. I live outside Chicago, IL. I'm new to BGG! I've played tons of different boardgames but just recently started my own collection. I've been playing video games and RPGs for a long time. I'm a nursing student working towards being a PA, which sadly means little time to game. But I hope to discover some great games and meet some cool people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s m t
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Merdiff wrote:
Hi, my name is Meredith. I live outside Chicago, IL. I'm new to BGG! I've played tons of different boardgames but just recently started my own collection. I've been playing video games and RPGs for a long time. I'm a nursing student working towards being a PA, which sadly means little time to game. But I hope to discover some great games and meet some cool people.

Welcome to BGG, Meredith!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome, Meredith!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meshell Heelbeck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just copied this from my post on the "who are you" thread but I figured it was fitting here too

Hi there!!

My name's Meshell (unusual spelling I know - my mother always likes to be different) and I'm a 24 year old gamer from the UK. I was born in the south of the UK but moved North when I was young so the North is pretty much my home.

I'm new to both BBG and "gamer" boardgames - both were introduced to me by my new partner
"Take That Token And I'll Ram These Dice Right Up Your Nostrils"
United Kingdom
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and although I (as yet) do not have the same level of interest as he does I'm always keen to learn. When we first got together I had no idea about the amount of different boardgames that are out there - I'm more of a WoW/SWTOR/DC Universe kinda person, but gaming of any type interests me and I'm keen to not only play more but learn more too.

I'm very interested in finding ways to interact with the BBG community, and was lucky to spot the 5th Annual Christmas Card Exchange which allowed me to interact with other people. I noticed that some people had micro-badges for the FTL Christmas card exchange so I went on a mission to find out more about this FTL thread and well here I am .

I am a trained Social Worker which I worked very hard to obtain but unfortunately recently lost my job due to a persistent injury, which I am hoping will be sorted out early this year in order for me to go back to work. Mainly in my downtime (which is quite a lot now-a-days) I like to read, do cross stitch, watch films and see friends.

Oh and one last thing - my username comes from comics. Oa is the headquarters of the Green Lantern Corps. The Green Lantern is my favorite comic, closely followed by The Flash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  22 , 23 , 24 , 25 , 26  Next »  [200] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.