Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4615 Posts
[1]  Prev «  23 , 24 , 25 , 26 , 27  Next »  [185] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Women and Gaming

Subject: So, Who Are the Ladies? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BGG_Ladies_Are_Awesome! [+] ladies [+] Introductions [+] welcome [+] [View All]
Michele S
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, my name is Michele, spelled the almost-regular way laugh I live in Virginia with my husband and three dogs: Phoenix (Retired Greyhound), Lucy (Pitbull mix) and Honey (Beagle mix). We have been involved in animal rescue for about 10 years and all of our dogs are adopted, loved to pieces and completely spoiled kiss

I am pretty new to BGG and have recently become addicted to this site! My husband and I own about 20 games and I add more to my wish list every day. We play different games, but lately, are reaching for Pandemic a lot - both of us and our group of friends really like it. Unfortunately, while my husband likes to play board games, he's not up for my preferred level of frequency (every evening would be ideal) so I tend to surf through BGG while he's playing video games shake
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Stumpf
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
daisies5 wrote:
Hello, my name is Michele, spelled the almost-regular way laugh I live in Virginia with my husband and three dogs: Phoenix (Retired Greyhound), Lucy (Pitbull mix) and Honey (Beagle mix). We have been involved in animal rescue for about 10 years and all of our dogs are adopted, loved to pieces and completely spoiled kiss

Welcome Michele, there's quite a few of us ladies sporting pics of our pets through our avatars. I don't know what an avatar runs these days but I'm thinking maybe 30GG. Here's some gold so we can see your pups in an avatar soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Jeanius
United Kingdom
Potters Bar
Hertfordhsire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm Jean, I live in Potters Bar, England

Have been playing boardgames for about a year and am rather hooked!

Trying to find local people who want to play games as my friends are only so patient with me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele S
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sandysidamo wrote:
Welcome Michele, there's quite a few of us ladies sporting pics of our pets through our avatars. I don't know what an avatar runs these days but I'm thinking maybe 30GG. Here's some gold so we can see your pups in an avatar soon!

Wow, thank you so much, I finally have enough GG to buy an Avatar!! This community is so wonderful!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali M
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey,

I'm Ali, I started playing the 'proper games' a couple of years ago and I've found myself become more and more of a gamer.
I've always liked board games but growing up I was stuck with Monopoly, Scrabble and Game of life. It was only when I met my other half that I discovered the amazing world of board games and I've become hooked in playing and collecting the board games. We play together and also meet up with a group of people to play too. I find it to be very sociable and the people who play tend to be a great bunch. Though I do usually find that I am the only woman there most of the time.
I've decided to join BGG after my partner getting sick of me using his profile all the time. haha

Happy gaming

Ali
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s m t
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
His heart was growing full of broken wings and artificial flowers
mbmbmbmbmb
zaniah wrote:
Hey,

I'm Ali, I started playing the 'proper games' a couple of years ago and I've found myself become more and more of a gamer.
I've always liked board games but growing up I was stuck with Monopoly, Scrabble and Game of life. It was only when I met my other half that I discovered the amazing world of board games and I've become hooked in playing and collecting the board games. We play together and also meet up with a group of people to play too. I find it to be very sociable and the people who play tend to be a great bunch. Though I do usually find that I am the only woman there most of the time.
I've decided to join BGG after my partner getting sick of me using his profile all the time. haha

Happy gaming

Ali

Welcome to BGG, Ali
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali M
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the nice welcome

x
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Burns
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zaniah wrote:
Hey,

That is funny, my husband was using my profile for a long time before he finally created his own. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Middletown
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I registered before Sam. A day earlier, but it counts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cmar
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, he was quite lazy about that. Ahem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali M
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The first 'proper' game that I played was Survive: Escape from Atlantis! and it made me realise that there was a whole world of board games I hadn't seen before. I quickly got into the Eurogames like Catan and Carcassonne and a trip to the Essen games convention confirmed my status as a fully fledged board game geek

Nice to meet the ladies of the BGG community.

x
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome Ali!

Haha yes Essen can be very addicting (as my SO also found out , the first time he said it was way too crowded and he wasn't sure he would ever want to go again.... Of course he went again the next year and he found a whole new range of games that he likes very much)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali M
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I loved it, I can't wait to go again next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristen Hansen
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm Kristen from Atlanta, Georgia.

I found the Geek in 2008 when I started dating my now husband. He was really into board gaming and I just hadn't been introduced before. I loved gaming though and easily and quickly feel in love with it.

Growing up I was always the one with the games. My favorite then was Risk and Mall Madness. Now, I love Vlaada Chvátil games, tile-laying and trading/market games.

I don't know how I am just finding the Women and Gaming forum, but I'm really glad I did!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristin Crane
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello All, my name is Kristin Crane and I've been a lurker on BGG for the past two years. I've decided to start contributing more to the forums so I felt it was a good time to introduce myself.

I'm an American, born and raised in Germany, and now living in Canada. I like to joke that every 10 years or so I need to switch my country of residence to keep things interesting. We live in beautiful Nova Scotia and are lucky enough to live in Truro, a small town with an incredibly awesome FLGS.

My account was originally created by my husband as a way to get me more excited about his favorite hobby. The avatar was a gift from him after we vacationed in Newfoundland. I desperately wanted to see a real, live moose and was unable to fulfill that dream. cry

Boardgaming is quickly becoming my favorite activity to share with my friends. My wish list is usually stuffed with more games than I can afford, but I consider that half the fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MMB
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eboshi wrote:
Hello All, my name is Kristin Crane and I've been a lurker on BGG for the past two years. I've decided to start contributing more to the forums so I felt it was a good time to introduce myself.

I'm an American, born and raised in Germany, and now living in Canada. I like to joke that every 10 years or so I need to switch my country of residence to keep things interesting. We live in beautiful Nova Scotia and are lucky enough to live in Truro, a small town with an incredibly awesome FLGS.

My account was originally created by my husband as a way to get me more excited about his favorite hobby. The avatar was a gift from him after we vacationed in Newfoundland. I desperately wanted to see a real, live moose and was unable to fulfill that dream. cry

Boardgaming is quickly becoming my favorite activity to share with my friends. My wish list is usually stuffed with more games than I can afford, but I consider that half the fun.

Welcome, Kristin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Albert
msg tools
This thread is a real refreshment. The why my wife reacts to me playing games you'd think I'm listed on one of those people search sites or something. She really can't stand it. That's why I have to come here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paige Pike
Australia
flag msg tools
We do exist. Paige, in Victoria, Australia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
If I am not gaming, I am reading!
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not know that this page existed, or I would have introduced myself earlier - although I am playing games on Yucata with so many on the ladies who frequent this forum that it feels like we have known each other a while.

My name is Stasia and I will be 50(!)next month. I am work a full-time job (graveyard shift) and go to school full-time too, so right now, gaming is my pressure-reliever. I have been a lifelong gamer, but got sidetracked from the hobby for a long while in raising my children. My husband is not a gamer at all and does not share my enthusiasm unfortunately. I have been a member of BGG since 2005 or so, but have never really participated on the site until this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keren Form
United States
Forest Hills
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! My name is Keren fro NYC and I've been lurking here for a few months now

I've just re-discovered my childhood love of boardgames through my boyfriend, and am now tearing my way through every Eurogame possible. So nice to see so many ladies here!
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter Acerbic Harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
Kform wrote:
Hi! My name is Keren fro NYC and I've been lurking here for a few months now

I've just re-discovered my childhood love of boardgames through my boyfriend, and am now tearing my way through every Eurogame possible. So nice to see so many ladies here!

Hi, and welcome to BGG. Check out our Yucata thread if you are interested in playing with us women!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Goh
Singapore
N.A.
Nil
flag msg tools
mb
Hi, I'm Theodora, from South East Asia, Singapore.

I started collecting M:tG in 2005 (polytechnic). I started a new in July 2011, and encountered a group of board gamers in the same division within my department. I joined in for team building, and was referred to the Geek, as a one-stop reference for all our board gaming needs. I signed up (eventually) after a considerable period of procrastinating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victoria Osborne
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi I am victoria i live in southwest oregon amoung the rain and the cats. Been playing games for a long long time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter Acerbic Harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
Valairia wrote:
Hi I am victoria i live in southwest oregon amoung the rain and the cats. Been playing games for a long long time

Hi Victoria!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter Acerbic Harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
brickablesmile wrote:
Hi, I'm Theodora, from South East Asia, Singapore.

I started collecting M:tG in 2005 (polytechnic). I started a new in July 2011, and encountered a group of board gamers in the same division within my department. I joined in for team building, and was referred to the Geek, as a one-stop reference for all our board gaming needs. I signed up (eventually) after a considerable period of procrastinating.

Hi Theodora!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  23 , 24 , 25 , 26 , 27  Next »  [185] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.