Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5085 Posts
[1]  Prev «  24 , 25 , 26 , 27 , 28  Next »  [204] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Women and Gaming

Subject: So, Who Are the Ladies? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BGG_Ladies_Are_Awesome! [+] ladies [+] Introductions [+] welcome [+] [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter Acerbic Harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
Both of you should check out some of the other posts in the Women's forum. We have a bunch of ongoing threads about games people are playing, Yucata (online gaming site), etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trace
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hello All ... Maybe G'Day Mate might be more appropriate !!
My name is Trace and I live in Perth, Western Australia.

I played traditional games as a child and again with my own children,
But since being shown the "way" by a BGGeek I am loving it. Oh and why should the cute guys have all the fun? [yes A I am talking about you].

Within a few days I had bought 3 games including Carcassonne!!!
I can see this is going to be a budget buster!!

I hope to look around and come back soon to chat to all the BGGirls
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
If I am not gaming, I am reading!
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Geek, Trace! I know exactly what you mean about this site being a budget-buster blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Ziobro
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm Julia... I live in western Washington with my husband, my 12-year old daughter, and our almost-4-year old son.

We have well over 500 games (probably more than 600 - I need to do a photographic inventory soon for our insurance agent!) and we host a game night every Saturday night. I always cook yummy dinner and we usually have between four and ten guests. Having people at our house lets the kids entertain themselves more easily and it means they can go to bed at the normal time while we keep playing games... win-win!

John (bosco312) and I met online and immediately started playing online Scrabble, getting to know each other through the chat box conversation. kiss

I've been playing games all my life but it's only in the past few years that I've 'fessed up to being very competitive about it. Still don't like any games that are about overt violence; war games and anything that requires a lot of fighting are not my thing. I do like games like Eclipse though, because while there's fighting in the game, you can win without it, and the fighting itself doesn't seem gratuitous.
JAZ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boom Chakalaka
United States
flag msg tools
Greetings and salutations! I'm Nori - in Boulder, Colorado - aka The Republic of Boulder. coolcool I've always really enjoyed board games, but those that I knew were really just the mainstream ones. I can't believe I missed out on so many good games up until I seriously got into the hobby last summer. I was oblivious, and a lot of that was attributable to all the school and work I was buried in. Anyhow - now I'm definitely making up for lost play time! I'm also lucky that we've got an awesome gaming network and numerous opportunities for board game fans to get their fix here in the Denver vicinity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Hi!

I'm Jessica, I just joined the site about two weeks ago. It is a wealth of information and wishlist fodder!!! And some very nice gamers (mostly ladies, since I've spent most my time so far on the women and gaming forum.) It is nice to join a community.

My family played a lot of games when I was a kid, and I've always enjoyed them, but I started to get into Euro games just before my daughter (almost 6!) was born when I went to Uncle's in Redmond to find a few games that would pass the time while I was too huge to feel like doing anything that required alot of movement. I loved them. But I was married to someone who didn't deal well with competition and loosing. So I remarried someone who is a great game player and we live happily with an expanded family (added a little brother for my daughter) and ever-expanding game collection. Add tea, good food, and books and you've got our house.

Our son is almost two, so game play either happens with frequent interuptions or after 8:30pm. It would be nice to meet more local families or child-friendly gamers to break out the 3+ player games that gather dust on the shelves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Ziobro
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jessicac wrote:
Hi!

I'm Jessica, I just joined the site about two weeks ago. It is a wealth of information and wishlist fodder!!! And some very nice gamers (mostly ladies, since I've spent most my time so far on the women and gaming forum.) It is nice to join a community.

My family played a lot of games when I was a kid, and I've always enjoyed them, but I started to get into Euro games just before my daughter (almost 6!) was born when I went to Uncle's in Redmond to find a few games that would pass the time while I was too huge to feel like doing anything that required alot of movement. I loved them. But I was married to someone who didn't deal well with competition and loosing. So I remarried someone who is a great game player and we live happily with an expanded family (added a little brother for my daughter) and ever-expanding game collection. Add tea, good food, and books and you've got our house.

Our son is almost two, so game play either happens with frequent interuptions or after 8:30pm. It would be nice to meet more local families or child-friendly gamers to break out the 3+ player games that gather dust on the shelves.

** waving frantically! **
Hi Jessica!

We've met down at Uncle's but I don't think I realized you guys have little kids! We have Felix who will be 4 in two weeks and Joanne who is 12. We "solve" our can't-play-games-because-of-kids problems by playing at our house on Saturday nights. I cook dinner and we start at 6 or so. Your kids would be WELCOME. They can play with Felix and on weekends when Joanne is not at her dad's, she can also help keep them entertained.

Now that the weather is nice again, sometimes I put Joanne on babysitting detail and have her watch Felix at the playgrounds and ice-cream store at Redmond Town Center while we play at Uncle's on Friday. Your 2-year old's probably a bit young for her to manage in that situation but maybe something else could be arranged during the day on Sundays?

Anyway, feel free to PM me. We also sometimes play games on other weeknights and we could easily do that if you think the Saturday night crowd would/could be too much for your crew.

JAZ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
That sounds awesome. I'll send you a PM, you can let me know when we should show up and what we can bring!

My new year's resolution this year is to bake a new kind of layer cake every month, so I'm always looking for somewhere that people will eat cake so that Clint and I don't eat the whole thing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm Tegs. I've been on BGG for about a year and a half and have been pretty active in the last 6 months or so...but have only just now discovered the Women and Gaming forum!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristin Crane
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sending a rather belated welcome to all the Geek Ladies that have joined our threads! Glad to see some more viewpoints on my favorite obsession, games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Ladies! My name is Lynn and this my official Geek coming out. I've only been on BGG since this last December though I had poked in from time to time before then. My husband and I live in Austin, TX with our 1 1/2 yr old son. Like most people, I played board games as a kid but as an adult i have been frustrated to find the adult game market in the U.S. comprised largely of word/party games, neither of which are my cup of tea. It was not until I was 8 months pregnant with cabin fever that I finally made a concerted effort to find a really good board game to pass the time until delivery. I found a few on Amazon and settled on Smallworld. My husband and I were hooked. But soon our son was born and there was no way to squeeze in any game play for a very long time. I think we could've managed it a little sooner but we didn't pick up again until this last November. Between me and my husband I would be the bigger gamer, which amuses me when I see threads on BGG by men wanting to get their women into the hobby. Anyway, I'm really enjoying this and aim to take full advantage of the time I have right now we are considering a second baby and that means another long hiatus. However, I can visualize all the great family game nights we will have down the line . In the meantime, it's really great to be here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just catching up on here..welcome to all those ive not said welcome to..great to have you all here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MMB
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jessicac wrote:
Hi!

Welcome, Jessica!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josie H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! My name is Josie, and I live in Oregon with my husband and two dogs.

I've always liked games. My husband and I played 13 Dead End Drive, Uno, and other popular games all the time until we discovered more BGG-style games in 2007. I like all kinds of games -- co-op, adventure, and Euro/strategy games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MMB
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
larkspurln wrote:
Hi! My name is Josie, and I live in Oregon with my husband and two dogs.

I've always liked games. My husband and I played 13 Dead End Drive, Uno, and other popular games all the time until we discovered more BGG-style games in 2007. I like all kinds of games -- co-op, adventure, and Euro/strategy games.

Welcome, Josie!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Evans
Wales
flag msg tools
Hey Ladies,

I'm Loux and I'm from South Wales. Got into board games about 14 years ago when my hubby and I decided to throw out the T.V!!!! My friends call me a geek in training, but I'm getting there!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MMB
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome, Loux!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
welcome lou from another no tv women
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings all. My name is Ashley. I've been playing D&D for about 4 years. However, over the past couple of months I've begun transforming into a board gaming geek. My husband and I will be attending Gen Con for the first time this year. While researching and getting prepared for the convention, I realized I have barely scratched the surface as far as tabletop gaming goes. And this largely fueled my transformation. I'm slowing amassing a collection now. Pretty soon my closet will be full. I'm also a video gamer and crafter. I live in Alabama and during the day I write software.

Nice to meet you all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eboshi wrote:
Sending a rather belated welcome to all the Geek Ladies that have joined our threads! Glad to see some more viewpoints on my favorite obsession, games!

Hey, what's that moose doing there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristin Crane
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Christine Biancheria wrote:
Eboshi wrote:

Hey, what's that moose doing there?

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristin Crane
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
townsean wrote:
Greetings all. My name is Ashley. I've been playing D&D for about 4 years. However, over the past couple of months I've begun transforming into a board gaming geek. My husband and I will be attending Gen Con for the first time this year. While researching and getting prepared for the convention, I realized I have barely scratched the surface as far as tabletop gaming goes. And this largely fueled my transformation. I'm slowing amassing a collection now. Pretty soon my closet will be full. I'm also a video gamer and crafter. I live in Alabama and during the day I write software.

Nice to meet you all.

Welcome Ashley!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seems we have a moose theme going on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MMB
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome ladies and moose!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  24 , 25 , 26 , 27 , 28  Next »  [204] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.