Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the game comes with enough clay/boards for 6 players, but since my version had clay that was unusable, i bought some playdoh instead. I bought a variety pack and now have like 8-10 colors.

Is there any reason that you couldnt play with more people? Like would the math of the scoring/questions, etc be off with more people...i'm guessing the only difference might be with the time...

-
James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd think that it would go a little too long, but I can't imagine any real gameplay issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
darlok wrote:
Is there any reason that you couldnt play with more people? Like would the math of the scoring/questions, etc be off with more people...i'm guessing the only difference might be with the time...

James,

You are correct that the game works fine with more players. In fact, I think the game is BETTER with more players. You are also correct that the time gets messed with when there are more players.

There is usually enough time to ask about 20 questions during the 2 minute "question asking" rounds (Of course, this depends on the players). This means the game works best with:

3 players = 4 question tokens each
4 players = 4 question tokens each
5 players = 4 question tokens each
6 players = 3 or 4 question tokens each
7 players = 3 question tokens each
8 players = 2 or 3 question tokens each
9 players = 2 question tokens each
10 players = 2 question tokens each

Alternatively, you could add more time to each round using the same math (about 10 questions can get asked in a minute).

I hope this helps!
Dominic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:

James,

You are correct that the game works fine with more players. In fact, I think the game is BETTER with more players. You are also correct that the time gets messed with when there are more players.

There is usually enough time to ask about 20 questions during the 2 minute "question asking" rounds (Of course, this depends on the players). This means the game works best with:

3 players = 4 question tokens each
4 players = 4 question tokens each
5 players = 4 question tokens each
6 players = 3 or 4 question tokens each
7 players = 3 question tokens each
8 players = 2 or 3 question tokens each
9 players = 2 question tokens each
10 players = 2 question tokens each

Alternatively, you could add more time to each round using the same math (about 10 questions can get asked in a minute).

I hope this helps!
Dominic

Dominic,

Thanks for the speedy reply, i will likely reduce the # of question tokens with more players. I bought this mostly b/c i was having a dinner party with non-hardcore gamers who did in turn want to game, and we were more than the typical max of players "5". So cluzzle worked out really well, everyone enjoyed it and i'm looking forward to another round.

-
James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.