Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steven colby
United States
mount laurel
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DO the offensive numbers at the top of the cards "do" something other than giving an idea of how the team performs offesnively.

Example- tehdfesnive numbers actually have an impact on what happens deoending if you have na advantage. does the offense do the same thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The ratings indicated in the ovals indicate the relative strength of a team in a category.

They're numbered so you can quickly identify a team's strengths / weaknesses when planning your play (for or against them).

The offense charts are modified for the better / worse to match the level of the ratings. There is no additional effect to the ratings. They are a means to an input into both teams' decision-making.

For example, if I know a team has a offense rating set of Run 3, Short Pass 2 and Long Pass 2, I know I'm going to have to be more aggressive defensively against them in running situations (and therefore more likely use the Run Blitz call against them). Of course, they can make me pay for my aggressiveness by calling Short Pass plays (or Play Action Pass plays), creating a maximum advantage against an aggressive Run Blitz.

The ratings set up the interaction, but the coaches still decide what plays to call.

I hope that this answer is helpful to you.

Best regards,

Erik Smith
On The Line Game Company
The Makers of Pizza Box Football
and Pizza Box Baseball
www.OTLgames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.