Popular Tags: [View All]
Claus Jensen
Denmark
Stenlose
Sealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am considering getting this game, but need answers to the following:

I can get my hands on a German version, but is there actually any language content in the game beyond the rules?
I would love to play this with my 8-year old. Is that possible, or is the game too complex?

Thanks for your replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Strömer
Sweden
Lidingo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are the only language dependent thing in this game.

Your son might like it. I think it is a bit too fiddly. If he likes "cool" components, he might also enjoy the features in this game.

/Strömer, from Sweden

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heinrich Glumpler
Germany
Koeln
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

the complete material is shown in this picture at my website:

http://www.erlkoenig.ws/hrrg/website/home/receiver.php?do=Sh...

There is no text on the component itself but there are several scenarios (each one a game for itself) described in german.

And - do not hesitate to contact me directly on any issue either here or via www.erlkoenig.net - I am always eager to support anybody buying my games :-)

Best Regards
Heinrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Jensen
Denmark
Stenlose
Sealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Excellent Heinrich,

perhaps you can tell me if there's a pdf or other online version of the rules in English? I did buy the German version, as it was on sale, but my German is terrible, so I'm pretty sure I'll get something wrong if I try playing with my own personal translation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bergbau wrote:
The rules are the only language dependent thing in this game.

Your son might like it. I think it is a bit too fiddly. If he likes "cool" components, he might also enjoy the features in this game.

/Strömer, from Sweden

"Fiddly" is one of those keywords on BGG that doesn't really mean much. People seem to use it whenever they don't enjoy a game, but just because a game isn't your thing, that doesn't mean there's anything necessarily "fiddly" about it.

I think any kid could understand Technowitches really easily. Especially since the game teaches everyone how to play it in four increasingly complex game variants. I've played it with very young children and they picked it up easily. It's one of my favorite truly All Ages games and the rules do a terrific job of simulating a racing dynamic.

Anyone can learn this game and be playing it in minutes, including kids (and even thick-headed non-gamers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.