Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Talbott
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it has been awhile since Terry Bailey was with us, he was given first choice in which game to play. He remarked that he was interested in playing Thebes, but had to settle for the 2nd edition version of Jenseits von Theben, as I do not own the current Rio Grande edition. We were about to begin when Scott Waisner arrived, so I gave up my seat and guided Terry, Scott, Ryan and Tim through the late 19th century world of archaeology.

Some have complained about the luck factor in the game, specifically when digging for artifacts. Well, I’ve never seen the luck factor strike so strongly, to the detriment of Tim. Tim made six separate digs, and uncovered exactly TWO artifacts, and both of those were minor finds. He ended the game with a grand total of three points in artifacts. Lest one think he was digging with little knowledge, let me dispel that thought. He had knowledge of nine and ten in two separate civilizations, and six in a third. He simply had horrendous luck. It really is a shame, as it no doubt affected his rating, and mine, too.

Terry and Scott proved the most adept at uncovering artifacts, each finishing with 26 points worth of treasures. Terry also managed to collect numerous Kongress cards, and won two exhibitions. Ryan was the leader in exhibitions, while Tim earned some degree of compensation for his poor digging by earning 8 points in knowledge. Terry’s collection of Kongress cards proved to be the difference.

Finals: Terry 51, Scott 42, Ryan 41, Tim 17

Ratings: Scott 8, Terry 7, Ryan 7, Tim 6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent session report. It's a concise pill of exactly what happened and how people felt about it. This amount of information is so often passed off as a full scale review. I always enjoy your reviews, and I think many reviewers would do well to post these for a while instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schloesser
United States
Talbott
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheSquatch wrote:
Excellent session report. It's a concise pill of exactly what happened and how people felt about it. This amount of information is so often passed off as a full scale review. I always enjoy your reviews, and I think many reviewers would do well to post these for a while instead.

Thanks so much for the very kind words! I've been writing session reports since the Westbank Gamers formed back in 1995, and have authored so many it is scary!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Sebastopol (Ballarat)
Victoria
flag msg tools
That's Karl on the left. Eternity on the right.
badge
I love Melissa, but don't tell her. It's a secret if she can find this. Shhhhh....
mbmbmbmbmb
gschloesser wrote:
Thanks so much for the very kind words! I've been writing session reports since the Westbank Gamers formed back in 1995, and have authored so many it is scary!

Hey Greg! I've finally figured out How you write so many reports; http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/201931

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schloesser
United States
Talbott
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeneSteeler wrote:
gschloesser wrote:

Hey Greg! I've finally figured out How you write so many reports; http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/201931

Did it publish twice?? Wow! There's a trick I need to learn and use more consistently!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.