Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this a bunch and really like it, but I find that the endgame is a bit flawed. Most of the time, it is obvious who won, or at least who cannot possibly win, several turns before the game is out. That bothers me a little. But I still like the game a lot. I was wondering what others' impressions about the endgame were.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rahm Blizbozin
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re:Comment
Christine Biancheria (#39621),

Yes, I agree that the endgame is a problem, which is interesting because it is also a problem with Knizia's earlier OLIX, a game to which Einfach Genial owes a great deal. With OLIX we have found that simply playing with 3/4 of the available pieces essentially eliminates the endgame problem. (This idea also works very well with Ta Yu, a game that has an even more pointless and tedious endgame.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
O God, thy sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mb

Christine,

I've only played 3 times now but I haven't experienced this problem. In each game, all players were in contention at the end and there was a dust-settles kind of event as we figured out who won. In two of the games, the person I thought was going to win for sure did not. Can't explain why our experiences differ, but they do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Kessler
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I haven't seen this problem all that often. We had a 4 player game last night that was close between two of us and 3rd and 4th place was also up for grabs.

I've even introduced my kids, 4 and 6 years old also like the game, but their scores are not always very competitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
It's true, you can sometimes see who the winner will be two or three or four moves before the end, but the game moves so quickly I just don't see it as a big deal. Someone says "argh," you laugh, you play it out and in a minute it's all over. Shuffle 'em up, play again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gola (#51851),

I agree that the length of play (or rather lack of it) makes the endgame issue perfectly tolerable. Just wish it weren't so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.