Subject: Contents ... ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this has now been delayed and won't be available at Essen 2007, but something seems a little odd about the listed contents.

If it is correct, then this expansion is going to be another complete version of the game, as the markers, cards, coins and tracks is all you get in the first one.

I'd have thought this would have just been a shrink-wrapped board.

Does anyone know any more ??

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Stockport
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know any more, but I definitely read somewhere that it will include cards, coins and markers as well.

I was hoping for just a board too, but since my copy is getting a little worn now, I don't mind some new cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have probably learned from the success of the Empire Builder series and Ticket to Ride, which both have been succesfully selling new full versions of the same game again and again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well. Chances are that whoever uploaded the information didn't know what they were doing. I still expect to see it as a single map only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
They have probably learned from the success of the Empire Builder series and Ticket to Ride, which both have been succesfully selling new full versions of the same game again and again.

The problem is that Ave Caesar is not Empire Builder or Ticket to Ride and it doesn't get a lot of advertisement so i don't think that this is going to work.

I, for example, am not going to buy the whole game again just for a different board layout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.