Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6660 Posts
[1]  Prev «  72 , 73 , 74 , 75 , 76  Next »  [267] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » The Village Square

Subject: WW Players' Pictures? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Vanders_Appreciation [+] Thisjustgetsmoreawkward [+] Hair_Stories_thread [+] [View All]
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a definite middle-of-the-road ice-cream guy. You can get delicious, quality ice cream without paying the huge price of Haagen-Daas or Ben & Jerry's.

Also, I disagree with Ben & Jerry's politics, so I won't buy their ice-cream anyway.

My current favorite ice cream is the Blue Bunny Red Carpet Red Velvet Cake ice cream. I love red velvet cake, and this ice cream is simply delicious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snaak wrote:
davidenkinderen wrote:
Snaak wrote:
Cool pics, Mir.

It's funny by the way how much cultural difference there is. You guys talk about the best icecream and can name like a huge number of brands and stuff whereas here we just either go eat icecream or not. I have never considered that there could be a difference in quality of icecream.

edit: recently though supermarkets have started carrying a Ben & Jerries brand of icecream which comes in huge buckets and is crazy expensive. I'm sure it's imported from you guys.

You should go to Italy. Seriously, I have had the most ridiculous but wonderful flavours over there, for a crazy low price.

Ah well, i´m not really a fan of icecream or other forms of candy. It´s usually too sweet for my taste. I don´t dislike sweets but it often makes my stomach ache an hour after consumption. I will eat it at a restaurant or something as desert in small portions but I never go out and it eat it as an inbetween. I do like frozen yoghurt but don´t actually eat that a lot either.

I agree. I'm not really a "sweets" eater, or a chocolate lover. However, I do love good, quality hard candy, especially cherry flavored, but it's impossible to find in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seer
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a lot of varying degree in food quality in the US unfortunately. It's not because there's something amazing - moreso there's some things that are just hack jobs. Care to talk bread?

Also, the Italian gelato is awesome and it was pretty affordable. Definite thumbs up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
There's a lot of varying degree in food quality in the US unfortunately. It's not because there's something amazing - moreso there's some things that are just hack jobs. Care to talk bread?

Also, the Italian gelato is awesome and it was pretty affordable. Definite thumbs up.

What kind of bread do you get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seer
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
dbmurph22 wrote:

What kind of bread do you get?

Anything that's on sale, wheat, and not laughable wheat.

But any European will tell you that the US bread is a joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have the more expensive bread here, I just choose not to buy it for sandwiches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
California
flag msg tools
"Don't be afraid of death, be afraid of the unlived life." --Natalie Babbitt, 'Tuck Everlasting'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Might I suggest a Village Square food thread since this is supposed to be for picture sharing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seer
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:
Might I suggest a Village Square food thread since this is supposed to be for picture sharing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
Also, I disagree with Ben & Jerry's politics, so I won't buy their ice-cream anyway.

What politics? They make ice cream, not candidates for public office.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Urza47 wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:

They're openly and vocally liberal. Quite liberal. And they're huge contributors to the liberal cause.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Urza47 wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:

That's my stance, make ice cream I want to buy. So why do they go out of their way to be overtly political?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
Urza47 wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:

That's my stance, make ice cream I want to buy. So why do they go out of their way to be overtly political?

Who cares?

When I consider buying something, the political persuasions of the seller just doesn't enter into the equation. Why artificially limit the size of the market pool and constrain my options? B&J could be run by card-carrying Communists for all I care, and I'd still buy their ice cream if I best met my needs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
To be free, one must give up a little part of oneself
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RSP: The politics of ice cream. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Urza47 wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:
Urza47 wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:

Who cares?

When I consider buying something, the political persuasions of the seller just doesn't enter into the equation. Why artificially limit the size of the market pool and constrain my options? B&J could be run by card-carrying Communists for all I care, and I'd still buy their ice cream if I best met my needs.

That's a fine philosophy for you, but you can't dictate how others utilize their spending dollars. I refuse to patronize Wal-Mart for the inverse of Jage's reasoning. Am I also worthy of your contempt?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved my response to the other thread. While we're here, here's me'n the boy at the farmer's market this week. We were able to fill growlers there, and sold out of everything we brought (two 1/2 bbl kegs and one 1/6th bbl) in four hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
Urza47 wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:
Urza47 wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:

Who cares?

That's a fine philosophy for you, but you can't dictate how others utilize their spending dollars. I refuse to patronize Wal-Mart for the inverse of Jage's reasoning. Am I also worthy of your contempt?

Who's dictating? I'm justifying my position, nothing more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nipple of Knowledge
msg tools
dbmurph22 wrote:

But any European will tell you that the US bread is a joke.

It's funny cause it's true. Sadly I have to confess that in some countries (France, I am looking at you), the quality of bread is rapidly going downhill.

Good bread should go stale after one day. If it lasts for weeks, it's definitely not good bread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nipple of Knowledge
msg tools
Snaak wrote:

Blue Bunny ice

That can´t be good. gulp

At least now we know what happened to him. :blue:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Snaak wrote:
In any case, bread should be brown and full of stuff like seeds and whatnot. White bread is just yucky.

It's funny by the way how American burger chains make bread from recycled plastic. whistle

And a cup of sugar in every bun! We have some decent white breads, but they are not mass-produced and our sliced enriched (because we destroyed the original ingredients' nutrition by over-processing) white bread is more a ball of bleached gluten and sugar than anything else. The bread's crust should be at least two microns thick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:
edit: recently though supermarkets have started carrying a Ben & Jerries brand of icecream which comes in huge buckets and is crazy expensive. I'm sure it's imported from you guys.

Burlington, VT[/q]

Their main factory is in Waterbury, VT. That's actually where I work, and it's about 30 minutes from my house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McGeehan
United States
Washington
District of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snaak wrote:
In any case, bread should be brown and full of stuff like seeds and whatnot. White bread is just yucky.

It's funny by the way how American burger chains make bread from recycled plastic. whistle

When I was a kid I hated breads other than white bread that you'd get at the supermarket. Nowadays I marvel at that and prefer whole grain breads and think "White bread has no flavor or texture whatsoever, how is it I liked that stuff so much?"

White bread in the US is generally so over-processed that almost the entire useful nutritional value is leeched out of it during processing, to the point that to make it even of marginal nutritional value, they have to mix in goop to add it back in. Ugh.

(It actually stuns me how much is done to food in the US that is not even legal in most other Western countries - or more, how much is done to food that there is no need to actually tell people is being done - in many cases, simply a requirement that consumers be informed as to what is being done to the food they eat would be enough to stop many practices)

But this isn't a food thread so I apologize for the threadjack. Maybe I'll find a picture of bread or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
Traveller Werewolf - more games planned
badge
Still have werewolf games in sign-up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarrant wrote:

When I was a kid I hated breads other than white bread that you'd get at the supermarket. Nowadays I marvel at that and prefer whole grain breads and think "White bread has no flavor or texture whatsoever, how is it I liked that stuff so much?"

One explanation that I have heard, is that when you were young your taste buds were far more developed (not experienced) than when you are older, which is why older people look for stronger flavours so that they can actually taste things, while the very young sense a lot of flavour in what we consider bland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing Small World with the family on the New Year's holiday:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elia - "Rainbow Hippie" Acca
Italy
Bergamo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davidenkinderen wrote:
Snaak wrote:

Blue Bunny ice

That can´t be good. gulp

Do anybody know why he left?

(sorry for derailing the thread, but a new one named "Where is Kaldar?" would sound stupid)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In service to the Imperium of Man
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Accatitippi wrote:
davidenkinderen wrote:
Snaak wrote:

Blue Bunny ice

That can´t be good. gulp

Do anybody know why he left?

(sorry for derailing the thread, but a new one named "Where is Kaldar?" would sound stupid)

Facebook suggests he withdrew for personal reasons, but I don't really want to dig deeper than that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  72 , 73 , 74 , 75 , 76  Next »  [267] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.