$10.00
Jay Waschak
United States
North East
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This campaign expansion for VBAM: Fire As She Bears! Edition puts players in control of the Admiralty of Britain, France or Spain in the West Indies during the French Revolutionary Wars of 1793-1801. Players will battle for supremacy in the Caribbean in this scenario, written and compiled by Brian Weathersby.

http://blog.vbamgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/1793_ca...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any reviews of Fire As She Bears out there? This is one of my favorite time periods, and it claims to be able to handle solitaire play, which is perfect for me right now. I'm very interested in learning more about the game, though, before I spend my money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Oxley
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nate, try looking at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/13193/fire-as-she-bea... for information on the game. I've enjoyed both FASB 1 and 2, and have run it at local conventions. Great game, and I can see it used solitaire easily enough. The Trafalgar expansion is interesting and adds rules to run it on a hex grid, but I like the 8-sided templates used in the 2nd edition on their own. The signals module is also great, and I've used it to simply signals for a WW1 naval engagement as well. There is a Yahoo group for FASB, but things slowed down a bit since Phil started work on a board game a few years ago. Still, you can go and ask questions and get answers from Phil or other players there. Scenarios from most other Age of Sail games are easy enough to modify for use. Hope that helps with your decision.

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.