Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was posted on DG's website that Dan V. is currently working on 3 Lightning games: (1) Stalingrad, (2) Poland and (3) Operation Market Garden.

The Polish one intrigues me as it could potentially be a 3 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent news. These are good slow burners with a lot of scope for choice and variety.

They do need to be advertised more widely (when available!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received an email from Dan Verssen today and Lightning Poland is going to be the next game to come out. He thinks in should be our within the next few months, woohoo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the theme attractive point of view, Poland I pass...

I will be more interested in the other 2....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ward
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
I would have much rather seen the games on Market Garden and Stalingrad. Yet Decision Games put out the one on Poland first, and I assume it sales were so bad it killed the rest of the series, which is a real shame. For there hasn't been one peep about the other two games in over two years. Frankly I can't fathom why anyone would want a game on a lopsided operation like Poland in 1939. Its like games on the Alamo or Custer's Last Stand. Gee, I wonder who'll win? So they have to monkey with the victory conditions to make "winning" for the underdog a question of "not losing too fast". I think most people find the concept of going into a game knowing its impossible for their side to win in the commonly understood sense to be a waste of time. The designer and Decision Games really shot themselves in the foot on this one. Now I figure we'll never see the Market Garden and Stalingrad games. Thanks a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.