Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
☃ daniel ☃
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://modblog.bmezine.com/2008/01/13/game-of-life-tattoo-up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Laurinburg
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mb
..there was a reason I rejected that pic in the GeekMod...

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Myrick
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:

-DK

That image should totally be accepted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DarkAvatar
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing wrong with a picture like this being here , that's what the mature tag is for and it is board-game related (just as much related as the cat in box pics that get added all the time). If you don't like it then don't look at pictures with a mature tag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"Mature"!? There are not even nipples!

I mean, this is a decolletée, so what - in summer, half of the females walk around in public like that - and I don`t mean the tattoo.

Question: Would you go out or whatever with a person tattooed like this - no matter, if female or male? I mean, if you like that game, you always have to read it sucks, and if you don`t, you have to see it all the time!

I would say, bad choice for such a prominent place of your body!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Laurinburg
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mb
lmyrick wrote:
DKahnt wrote:

-DK

That image should totally be accepted.

Did the uploader take the pic himself or have permission to upload it here?

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Myrick
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
duchamp wrote:
"Mature"!? There are not even nipples!

I mean, this is a decolletée, so what - in summer, half of the females walk around in public like that - and I don`t mean the tattoo.

Question: Would you go out or whatever with a person tattooed like this - no matter, if female or male? I mean, if you like that game, you always have to read it sucks, and if you don`t, you have to see it all the time!

I would say, bad choice for such a prominent place of your body!

yeah...bad bad idea for a tattoo...but great great pic for BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stellmach
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:

The watermark, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stellmach
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkAvatar wrote:
Nothing wrong with a picture like this being here , that's what the mature tag is for and it is board-game related (just as much related as the cat in box pics that get added all the time).

Yeah! This picture is just as good as all those other pictures that shouldn't be here either!

Not a good argument.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think, this image is a very valuable contribution to this site, especially for the more philosophically interested boardgame-lovers. It shows the fatal mixture of mainstream seductions in life, the confusion of a youth between devotion and refusal of the modern world - compressed in a single shot.

All the things we as boardgamers thought to overcome - "the curses of our time" (to cite the "Bard of Stratford" here): Greed, Careers, the obsession with money combined with cheap thrilling easy riders like this young woman, been painfully painted under her skin to please the crowd - or her own underdeveloped self-esteem ...

... let`s fight this "Game of Life" - but wait, regarded a bit more dialectically, the tattoo itself says: "This Game sucks!", so:

It is a comment to life altogether, right? To all of our mediocre mainstream lives, as we live them here and now.

And, to cite the "Dead Kennedys": "Why don`t you take your social regulations and shove`em up your ass?" Isn`t this the precise formula, this young, intelligent lady wants to disclose the people staring at her, as if she would be an animal in a zoo?

There is more in this than meets the eye at first glance, and should be "pic of the month"!

Please, whoever submitted that - ask via the original website for permission, if not already done and submit it again and again, put it into your personal gallery, so people can give it thumbs and start some heavy thinking!

The fight against stupidity has just begun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A second ago I found this statement by "Nicole" (whose decoelletee you can see in the OP) in the forum thread concerning the first outlines for this piece of pop-art:

"its a joke. . .its a long running joke for me with some friends that i don`t really get to see anymore, “this game sucks” was something that we said about anything that we got frustrated with and the like. its not meant to be negative, its a joke! the board game sucks, true, and at times life (actual life) sucks, everyone thinks so at some point. . . but its not a “hey i’m gonna go kill myself” thing. i love it. its funny to me, and i’m more than overjoyed to have it. i dont think of it as negative, tho i can see how it could be taken that way."

Her own entry linked from the forum:

http://iam.bmezine.com/?nicole+inman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.