Subject: Can you have two force cards at once? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john m
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you ever have two force cards at once in play on a beach?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Raspler
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, absolutely. There's no restriction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john m
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They don't double up do they? You don't add them together to attack do you? or do you pick one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Raspler
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can't combine them when you attack. They can co-exist on the same beach, however.

It's important for both sides to make sure their areas are always occupied, or else they'll suffer flanking fire. One way to do this is by having more than one friendly force face-up on a beach, so you can sustain casualties and keep fighting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john m
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so on round two, I might turn up another force card on a beach instead of attacking? The opponent has to choose though I think.

If he kills the force, does the other one take over immediately and the battle keep going? What happens to the cards played against the previous force card on that beach (discard and start new fight, if you have enough cards?)

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnyLikesGames wrote:
so on round two, I might turn up another force card on a beach instead of attacking? The opponent has to choose though I think.

Yes.
Each Player Turn you conduct actions one beach at a time from left to right. You perform one Action at each beach.
(Note: some cards allow you to perform additional Actions)

An Action is either:-

Activate - Turn face-up your top Force Card assigned to that beach. That Force is now active.

OR...

Attack - One of your active (already turned-up) Force Cards may attack one of your opponent's Force Cards (your choice).

johnnyLikesGames wrote:
If he kills the force, does the other one take over immediately and the battle keep going?

No.
If the attack succeeds, the defending (opponent's) Force Card is discarded and removed from the game.

johnnyLikesGames wrote:
What happens to the cards played against the previous force card on that beach (discard and start new fight, if you have enough cards?)

Do you mean any Action Cards used to influence the battle on that beach?
Action Cards only apply once and then are discarded so...

Yes, these cards must be discarded and you can't start a new fight on that beach (only one Action per beach) unless you have a card in play that allows additional actions.
For example, as the Allied Player on Sword Beach, you can declare an Attack with the I Corps Force Card (#008) and it does not count as an Action for that beach (see the text at the bottom of the Force Card). So, if you had another active Force Card already on Sword alongside the I Corp #008 card, you could 'spend' the one Action attacking with that as a separate Attack.

Hope this helps.

BTW don't feel too frustrated by your initial confusion with the rules. They aren't the clearest.
You may find the FAQ posted in the Links section on the game's page to be of some help.
If not just post again here and someone will be along to help. [wink]

Have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.