1 Posts

Rosenkönig» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First Game of Rosenkoenig rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill J
United States
flag msg tools
Despite its "War of the Roses" theme, this game is not really a wargame. It more closely resembles the play of Go and to a limited extant, Othello. The abstract nature of the game works at my house because my wife simply won't touch any game that even closely resembles her hated arch-nemesis, Advanced Squad Leader.

So, our first game of Rosenkoenig was a relatively nice affair, played in about 45 minutes, and involving enough strategy to keep us both engaged. The exponential scoring really helped me as I built a large area in the center. Even after she played her knights to try to cut into this massive area, there were just too many places where the "mass" of my castles held together.

In the end, it was a runaway in my favor as this central area had about 20 castles in it. In turn, I was able to play my cards and use my knights so she had lots of little castle areas 3-5 in size. Happily, despite the lopsided score, the elegance of the game system, and the simplicity of play will probably allow us to play this in the future. This was a nice game to pick up on sale, and I'm glad to have it in my collection.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.