Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Dignam
United States
Lithia
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the words “BET THE FARM!” come out of your mouth from time to time, Gambler is for you. This is a game that defines the low end of the strategy spectrum. It’s all about luck and throwing your fate to the winds of chance.

And that’s why it’s fun…

This game has no innovative mechanics and is the typical Parker Brothers faire, you roll the dice, move you’re counter on a board, and play out the situation described. Many of the situations are actually frequently interactive with other players especially the dice handle in which everyone gets a chance to lose their money.

The game is incredibly simple and if you have spent more than 5 minutes explaining the rules, perhaps this game really isn’t for you. In fact it is perfectly reasonable to just go with the above description I gave about the game’s play and care about the situations as they come up. It’s that easy.

The game has colored counters to represent 4 players and I recommend playing with 4 players. There are also cards to be drawn and followed and lots of play money that can easily be used in other games. The quality of the components is what you would expect from a game of this era and type, with some humorous graphics.

So “BET THE FARM!” every chance you get and have a great time playing. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Luminous
msg tools
From memory I recall that nearly every single turn, whether yours or someone elses, you did something - yes it is basically a game of chance.But there was little to no downtime I also remember that the dice shaker really was noisy and it irritated the hell out of my parents

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.