Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Faust
United States
Malverne
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played once, and I liked the strategy of when and where to place the colored tracks. However, it also seemed like it was a lot easier for people who didn't win to lose by a LOT. I didn't really find this to be a welcome change, as it tends to make the game shorter (and I wished it were longer without the expansion). In the game I played, the game almost ended after the first round.

Anyone else have similar experiences?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many players did you have?

I haven't played it enough to know for sure, but I agree that it seems to lower some of the scores each round.

But that makes up for what the expansion does to the length of each round -- the game seems to take longer to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing with TransAmerica, we've found it somehow evens the scores out more. For example, without the expansion, a player starting alone on the west coast will often hand the game to the first player to connect to them. The expansion can solve that problem. So TransAmerica games seem to run longer (closer) with the expansion.

With TransEuropa, we've found that the opposite seems true. The Europe map is so difficult, using the expansion often makes it harder on players who were already going to lose big points, giving them even lower scores and ending the game sooner.

That's my impression, anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beasi
United States
Easthampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phrim wrote:
I've only played once, and I liked the strategy of when and where to place the colored tracks. However, it also seemed like it was a lot easier for people who didn't win to lose by a LOT. I didn't really find this to be a welcome change, as it tends to make the game shorter (and I wished it were longer without the expansion). In the game I played, the game almost ended after the first round.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

I had this experience playing with the Vexation expansion tonight. Together with getting three REALLY terrible combinations of cities in a row, I ended the game very quickly. Several players were 6 or more away from completion after the end of each round which was way higher than usual.

The game was far more frustrating to me and I think it'll be a while before I try to use the expansion again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.