rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oeste wrote:
MeGrimlockKing wrote:
Also, if you send me a GG I'll let you in on a very tricky and underhanded way to earn GG!
Does it involve a long lost uncle who happens to be an African prince?

ZOMG!!!

I HAVE THE SAME UNCLE!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelė B.
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I uploaded few images and they were accapted but I did not get any GG. Could you tell me why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Give it 12 hours... GG is not instantaneous and sometimes takes quite a while to come through.

See below
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mb
Deviser wrote:
I uploaded few images and they were accapted but I did not get any GG. Could you tell me why?

You uploaded them to your personal gallery. There is no GG reward for this.

If you want to get GG rewarded for your images, you have to get them approved by geekmod. You can do this by uploading your images on the game's page. There is an upload button at the top of the image section on the game's page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelė B.
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gwen wrote:
Deviser wrote:

You uploaded them to your personal gallery. There is no GG reward for this.

If you want to get GG rewarded for your images, you have to get them approved by geekmod. You can do this by uploading your images on the game's page. There is an upload button at the top of the image section on the game's page.

But I uploaded my pictures on the game's page and geekmod accapted it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mb
Deviser wrote:
But I uploaded my pictures on the game's page and geekmod accapted it.

No, you linked them from your personal gallery to the game's gallery and geekmod accepted the links. But there is no GG reward for proposing links.

The end result is the same though, they show up in the game's gallery. The only difference is that you got no GG reward for it.

The proper way to submit images really is uploading them using the button on the game's page.

Linking images is meant for those occassions where e.g. an image is showing two different games and you want the image to be displayed in the galleries of both games.

Geekmod should never have accepted the links you submitted to link images from your personal gallery to the game's gallery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelė B.
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you very much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
Earning geekgold:
You can also go to VGG, and earn your Geekgold there. It doesn't matter where you earned your geekgold, it'll still pay for your avatar.

Example:
if you're not a videogame owner, but do play an occasional web browser game.

One avatar in a few easy days.
Or: how did I earn over 30 geekgold in a few days on VGG.

Day 1
Played a flash game I liked on a random web page. Checked VGG. Game wasn't submitted. Game intro mentioned the publisher. Checked site. Discovered it was a series. Series checked. Not in dB.
Submitted Penguins Attack (series), When Penguins Attack - TD, Penguins Attack TD 2 and Penguins Attack 3.
10 reward for submitting 3 games and 1 series

Next days:
Played the game I already liked anyway on internet and it's predecessors. Took screenshots (Alt/prntscreen), cropped them and uploaded them. The intro screen of Armor Games I uploaded company's page, noting in which game each logo was found.

Tot top it off, I added weblinks to each of the 3 games and the publisher's page, for 0.25 a piece.

31 earned in a few days, for submitting 3 free flash games anyone has access to. Most time was playing the games, to make the screenshots. Hard work!

You can check my 'Geekgold collected' for reference.

If you are a videogame owner:
Maybe you own one of the games we still want a representative picture for. Scanning and uploading your boxfront will get you 4 geekgold (in stead of the usual 1) Just remember: it must be your own pic/scan, so not taken from elsewhere on the Net. Min size 400x700, max 1400x1900.

Look in this thread for details. Or drop me a mail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jhondale estorninos
Philippines
New York
flag msg tools
ser penge nmn cheat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Logan
United Kingdom
Lancaster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This a great thread. I agree with the fellow poster who mentioned that it'd be a good idea to sticky it. Perhaps include it across the board on BGG, RPGG AND VGG?

MEOW! WOOF WOOF!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
It is pinned which I think is bgg version of stickyed.

Unfortunately you still have to find the forum to find it, which is not that simple for new users.

All praise the holy divine spectre of the upcoming revamped bgg... you are our only hope.

But we we will all complain about when it arrives, somewhere around the Rolling Stone's review of Dylan's Self-portrait Album mark

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self_Portrait_(Bob_Dylan_album)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul L. Mathews
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great post, thanks you. I just wished I'd read this before I posted a question on this in the GeekDo forum! blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Donks
Netherlands
Sprang-Capelle
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend asked me if I knew how to earn or buy geekgold. I sent him some weblinks, but I missed this one, so I sent this link today. Very usefull item! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
_Kael_ wrote:
Earning geekgold:
You can also go to VGG, and earn your Geekgold there. It doesn't matter where you earned your geekgold, it'll still pay for your avatar.

Example:
if you're not a videogame owner, but do play an occasional web browser game.

One avatar in a few easy days.
Or: how did I earn over 30 geekgold in a few days on VGG.

Day 1
Played a flash game I liked on a random web page. Checked VGG. Game wasn't submitted. Game intro mentioned the publisher. Checked site. Discovered it was a series. Series checked. Not in dB.
Submitted Penguins Attack (series), When Penguins Attack - TD, Penguins Attack TD 2 and Penguins Attack 3.
10 reward for submitting 3 games and 1 series

Next days:
Played the game I already liked anyway on internet and it's predecessors. Took screenshots (Alt/prntscreen), cropped them and uploaded them. The intro screen of Armor Games I uploaded company's page, noting in which game each logo was found.

Tot top it off, I added weblinks to each of the 3 games and the publisher's page, for 0.25 a piece.

31 earned in a few days, for submitting 3 free flash games anyone has access to. Most time was playing the games, to make the screenshots. Hard work!

You can check my 'Geekgold collected' for reference.

If you are a videogame owner:
Maybe you own one of the games we still want a representative picture for. Scanning and uploading your boxfront will get you 4 geekgold (in stead of the usual 1) Just remember: it must be your own pic/scan, so not taken from elsewhere on the Net. Min size 400x700, max 1400x1900.

Look in this thread for details. Or drop me a mail.

In addition to this post:

There's now a special December'11 bonus:
each and everyone who has never submitted a videogame before and submits his first game now, gets his geekgoldbonus doubled!
Which equals roughly to: you'll probably get a microbadge (8gg) for your first videogame!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this post. It's really helpful as a new user of BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet.
badge
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
FINISHED

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I currently have a game related crossword competition up that will be giving away 100gg to one lucky winner:

BGG Crossword Competition - Win 100GG (closed for entries)

There are far easier ways to make geek gold though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeramie Jackson
United States
Canandaigua
New York
flag msg tools
Well actually we are here because of the internet so perhaps we need an Al Gore appreciation badge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tevin Carter
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
This is different
Wow - This forum is much more different than other forums I am part of... Interesting, and thanks for the guide!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alix Talbot
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for all of the Very helpful info and delightful snark, guys! I found this thread extremely useful.

You are all awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I added a geeklist which has links to places where you can find pictures worthy of BGG. Just ask owner for permission and then upload & download the pictures. Most of the links have multiple pictures. (GG is per picture.)

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/144438/gg-for-loading-pict...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Finished

Check out Fiver - August.

Do a certain task get 5gg! You can suggest a task or accept challenges from others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you.
badge
Good and evil; there never is one without the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, Been a member for a few months but trying to get more involved. At the beginning of this thread it says:

"If you vote to approve an image and it is approved you will receive .01 geekgold."

But, I cannot figure out how to approve an image. Is it basically giving it a thumbs up? Something else? Perhaps the images I'm looking at are already approved so it is not clear. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
It's geekmodding - it's done in it's own special area - see link at bottom but first:

Check out the related guide: Every-Gamer BGG Guides

3 people vote and if the article/image/video/data/link gets through you get 0.01 if refused you get 0.30. If the others vote against you you get nothing.

Please make sure you know the guidelines before modding. Each site has their own geek modding and own guidelines- VGG always has loads of stuff.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geekmod
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Adriaans
Netherlands
Veldhoven
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How to “earn” geek gold method #2 (auction $ for ) is what I’m interested in.

Sadly I don’t have the time to earn my GG by contributing in al subsequent method’s you state in your post. To busy gaming, organizing game events, helping to run our board game gamers group etc. … oh and earning more money to buy new games I guess.
But maybe also to auction some of that money of to get some much desired GG …. and by doing so maybe “rewarding” someone who did have the time to spend, and chose to invest it in to contributing to the BGG site, with some extra cash.

I have already “earned” a few GG via method 1, becoming a BGG patriot ‘12 to support the BGG site in general.thumbsup But hey, 25GG just isn’t enough to get me an avatar and some micro badges I would really like to add to my name. soblue

So I wonder how auctioning of some dollars or in my case Euro’s would work (“step by step”).
Can’t imagine I am the first one to ask so there must me some previous answers to this question…. I just can’t find them.
So please, can somebody point me towards a “how to… “for this?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.