Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lindgaard
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello Earthboot

Quote:
I've just got another possibly silly question.

If you don't know the answer, it's not a silly question laugh

Quote:
So, can I pick & choose and move one *single* unit 3 times? or does this mean that I have to move 3 *separate* units?

You can move three seperate units ( or platoons, see 11.3.2 "Platoon movement" )

Quote:
I'm also a bit foggy with the rules on the rafts/boats

Let's see . . . I think an little explanation is needed here.

You start with each boats being carried by a squad. They carry the boats like they are Medium weapons. ( no running, only assault movement )

The squads use assault movement to move to a non-water hex adjacent to a water/river hex ( like DD24 ). If they have any movement points left, the squad can launch the boat into the water ( dd23 ) and board the boat. This uses all the squad's remaining movement points.
Squads NOT carrying the boat can enter the boat from adjacent hexes in the infiltration phase.

A boat may not move in the turn it enters the water ( 15.9.1 )

When the boat gets to the other side of the river, all squads can unload in the infiltration phase.

Here is how I would play the germans in this scenario:

Set up in tight formation so I can use Platoon movement to get all the boats in the water and as many troops as possible on board.
Remember to leave a couple of squads with the howitzers to take casualties from any shooting that hits their hex.

Turn 1

Use your three consecutive impulses to get all boats in water.
Get the rest of your troops aboard the boats in the infiltration phase.

Howitzers and OBA try to suppress any russian weapons able to shoot at the boats

Turn 2

The boats cross the river in the "Move and Fire" segment.
All troops leave the boats in the infiltration phase

Howitzers and OBA continue blowing up as many russians as possible devil

Turn 3-8

Troops kick russian butt on the other side of the river

Howitzers and OBA . . . business as usual

Have fun !

Lindgaard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindgaard
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Actually, I meant to say that you should use platoon movement to get all your troops and boats to the water in turn 1, then move all your troops across the water in turn 2, not neccesarily using platoon movement.
If you move the boats across the water one by one you can spread them out, making them less vulnerable to artillery.

Don't forget that any troops that doesn't make it to a boat, for whatever reason, can wade across the river . . se rules section 8.31.41
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindgaard
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry, the dotted line is a ford ( no, not the car laugh ), see rules section 8.31.4. basicly it allows vehicles to cross without making immobilisation rolls.

According to SSR 4 infantry can wade the river at any point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.