Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2636 Posts
[1]  Prev «  43 , 44 , 45 , 46 , 47  Next »  [106] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: Edwardsville, IL Boardgaming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Edwardsville [+] MetroEast [+] St.Louis [+] Game_Group [+] AtomicSquash [+] Glen [+] Carbon [+] Glen_Carbon [+] [View All]
William Dunning
United States
Glen Carbon
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
margec01 wrote:
Is anyone over there playing Ora et Labora? I've been really enjoying it, but can't get in games often enough over here. I'd be tempted to drive way over there if you guys were wanting to play it.

I played Le Havre last night, for the first time in several months, and remembered the pain in the ass of the food situation. Ora et Labora is so much better in that way, yet there are still lots of buildings to build and lots of ways to use resources and people. And lots of paths to victory. I really enjoy it.

Yes, come out and we'll play it. If it helps, the Brothers Grim were not in attendance last week.

For the record, I think the food situation in Le Havre is a good thing. It keeps some tension in it that is not found in Ora.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Honorable Mayor McCheese
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Brothers Grimm were attending again? How did that happen? I thought they were asked not to return.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marge C.
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wcdunning wrote:
Yes, come out and we'll play it. If it helps, the Brothers Grim were not in attendance last week.

For the record, I think the food situation in Le Havre is a good thing. It keeps some tension in it that is not found in Ora.

I'm surprised at how many people lose track of when they can build settlements, though, and then get behind on the settlements. Not as much difficulty as food in Le Havre, but still necessary.

The Brothers Grimm are still showing up? I'd hoped they'd disappeared after the hiatus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Dunning
United States
Glen Carbon
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorrellbo wrote:
The Brothers Grimm were attending again? How did that happen? I thought they were asked not to return.

They weren't attending. Then they were. Then they were told it can be a task to play with them. They showed up the next week, but not last week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Vogler
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy Birthday Russell!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Cooper
United States
Troy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dave! I did get some bday games in this weekend including Oz Fluxx (we got a demo copy in at Heroic), San Juan, 7 Wonders, Arena: Roma II, and Burrows. Nothing heavy (except my friends Doug and Thoma got so competitive at Burrows that the both got brain-strain. Who knew?) but it was great to spend my Birthday gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Potter
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Supreme_H0sehead wrote:
Happy Birthday Russell!

I'll second that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Vogler
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got in an initial play of The Castles of Burgundy Saturday night. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The only downside was that the first game took over 3 hours for four players. I will bring it tonight and would like to get in another play. Yell if you are interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Dunning
United States
Glen Carbon
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be there around 7 tonight. If Ora et Labora is brought by Marge or if Burgundy is not already under way, I'd appreciate the chance to play either one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Potter
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Played: 3-19-2012

Eminent Domain
Age of Industry
Glen More
Ora et Labora
The Castles of Burgundy
Mord im Arosa x 2
Carson City
Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 2 – India & Switzerland
Quarriors!

Next game day will be 3-26-2012 6pm @ Heroic Adventures in Edwardsville
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Cooper
United States
Troy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am hosting ANOTHER game day at Heroic on Saturday the 24th. It starts at 4 and I would love to see some people there!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Aemisegger
United States
Glen Carbon
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I will have the Demo Copy of Thunderstone Advanced 2.0 as well as bringing up some more gaming goodness. Hope to bring there.. and maybe cookies again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Vogler
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping to make it, but if my sister is free, she may be making homemade chicken and dumplings at my house, in which case my expanding waistline wins.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Tuzzo
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Final two Saturdays of inability to game begin today. Hope to play in a couple Saturdays time.

Mike, can you bring Wealth of Nations on Monday?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Dunning
United States
Glen Carbon
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Suzie is getting an award at school today, so if I come tonight at all, it should be around 9.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Aemisegger
United States
Glen Carbon
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/8795357#8795357

There is a post for DIECON!!! Swing by and give it a thumbs up. Even better post something really nice about Diecon, Atomic Squash, and the boardgaming that will be available.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
my medications have been playing havoc on not only my ability to reason but stay awake, so games have been tough for me lately. Hopefully I'll be able to come out soon so I can lose some more games to you guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Vogler
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LeRevetir wrote:
my medications have been playing havoc on not only my ability to reason but stay awake, so games have been tough for me lately. Hopefully I'll be able to come out soon so I can lose some more games to you guys.

Take care Wes and if you need anything, yell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Dunning
United States
Glen Carbon
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Supreme_H0sehead wrote:
LeRevetir wrote:

What he said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Tuzzo
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wcdunning wrote:
Supreme_H0sehead wrote:
LeRevetir wrote:

What he said.

I would prefer you didn't yell at me, but the same holds true here. Call if you need anything at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Cooper
United States
Troy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TonyBravo wrote:
wcdunning wrote:
Supreme_H0sehead wrote:
LeRevetir wrote:

What he said.

I would prefer you didn't yell at me, but the same holds true here. Call if you need anything at all.

What they said, but you can yell if it floats your boat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Potter
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Played: 3-26-2012

Lords of Waterdeep
Alea Iacta Est
Quarriors!
Galaxy Trucker
Race for the Galaxy
Paperclip Railways
Troyes
No Thanks! x 2

Next game day will be 4-2-2012 6pm @ Heroic Adventures in Edwardsville

We missed you Wes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
aww, thanks guys. Hopefully this is something that gets settled soon and I appreciate your kind words and sentiment. Here's to next week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Potter
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Played: 4-2-2012

Le Havre
The Castles of Burgundy
Alien Frontiers
Wealth of Nations
Mord im Arosa
Mr. President
Power Grid: The First Sparks
Iliad

Next game day will be 4-9-2012 6pm @ Heroic Adventures in Edwardsville

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Honorable Mayor McCheese
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mdpotter wrote:
How is The Castles of Burgundy? Edit: and did a 3M game not named Acquire really get played?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  43 , 44 , 45 , 46 , 47  Next »  [106] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.