Sid Meier's Civilization: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Comments, recommendations, and Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Ciszewski
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Comments: Pottery was not well written, first time my brother and I played, he destroyed by trading all his resources for 10+ cards (minus two, of course) every turn and then destroyed me with a large army.

Catapults only bouncing walls to a hand (sorry, MTG player) is annoying. They should destroy outright.

No max hand size adds a brilliant touch to the game. Until, of course, someone attacks you with 7 chariots and 4 swordsman after building a barracks. Then you cry. (luckily I always keep Archers. Always.)

Recommendations: When discarding, always discard face DOWN, this prevents card counters (like me) from getting an advantage, plus you can easily guess who has a small army that way.

Make sure you agree on whether cards in hand can be traded for real resources (i.e. a 3 Production card in your hand for 1 "real" Food)

Either have one person be the banker or count your resources while your opponent draws/discards. This shortens game time and helps insure an accurate count. I almost always screw up with the Pyramids.

Questions:
Do the pyramids only add resources based on the plot they are on?

And, anyone else modify the game any?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoinedForCiv wrote:

Questions:
Do the pyramids only add resources based on the plot they are on?

I think not. They give you any two resources per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thomason
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't modify at all when we play. Don't think it needs it.

Maybe a calculator for tracking resources would help though...

Pyramids are just 2 free resources of any type.

And yes, you should always be able to trade in 3 production for 1 food, regardless whether those production are in your hand or in actual production cards. I believe the rules say something about the bonus resource cards are treated EXACTLY as regular resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.