Subject: Score for iPhone/iTouch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: iPhone [+] iPodTouch [+] accessory [+] app [+] [View All]
Ryan Christianson
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
I've created an iPhone/iTouch application for keeping track of game scores for the iPhone. The application is called "Score" I'm constantly working on it trying to make it better.

Please check out the app tell me what you think!

Here is a screen shot of the new version, which is pending release:

Here is what it looks like right now:

I am charging a $1 for the app, to recoup my costs from buying the Mac to build the app

If you have feature requests for this app, send them my way. We have a poll going right now for the new features here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/2594802#2594802
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Exit...pursued by a bear.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Does it keep a listing of games previously played, and the game named. That would be cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Christianson
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
Quote:
Cool. Does it keep a listing of games previously played, and the game named. That would be cool.

No, right now it just allows you to score a current game, and then when you are done you delete it.

It might be cool to allow you to save old game scores, and allow you to track who did what over time... interesting idea

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
pretty cool! I will have to check it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ryanch wrote:
Quote:

No, right now it just allows you to score a current game, and then when you are done you delete it.

It might be cool to allow you to save old game scores, and allow you to track who did what over time... interesting idea

Thanks!

Ideally, it will track your current score, then let you save it along with the name of the game the scores were from.

Then, it would let you update your games played on BGG automatically if you wish...though I doubt that's very easy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Medlin
United States
Montara
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Very cool; yet another great app for the iPhone. Bought it!
Would be nice to have some logging so that if you aren't sure if increased the correct score by the correct amount, the log could help reconcile.
The saving of different games would be a nice feature, too.
--mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Christianson
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
loonling wrote:
Very cool; yet another great app for the iPhone. Bought it!
Would be nice to have some logging so that if you aren't sure if increased the correct score by the correct amount, the log could help reconcile.
The saving of different games would be a nice feature, too.
--mike

Thanks for buying the app. Watch for the updates soon. The next release is 1.1 which allows you to use your own photos for player icons. The release after that will solve the issue that you are talking about. In that version, when you add points, you will see what has been recently added to a player... for example, if you press +5 and quickly press -1, it will show +4 on the player.

Thanks for your support!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What I'm really looking for is player support for up to 8, maybe more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Christianson
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
unixrevolution wrote:
What I'm really looking for is player support for up to 8, maybe more.

8! wow.. a feature that has been requested is variable number of players- but that has till now been to scale down the number of players... not up! I'll take this feature on, after the dynamic scoring module.

Thanks for your interest!

Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The request for 8 would be a huge benefit when playing PitchCar...I could use it to keep track of qualifying efforts, and make a leaderboard on the phone. PitchCar has no built-in bookkeeping.

Also good for party games like Say Anything and Time's Up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Christianson
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
unixrevolution wrote:
The request for 8 would be a huge benefit when playing PitchCar...I could use it to keep track of qualifying efforts, and make a leaderboard on the phone. PitchCar has no built-in bookkeeping.

Also good for party games like Say Anything and Time's Up.

I make 8 players work after the current release, which adds scoring modules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Christianson
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
Here are some screen shots for the next release which will auto score your game for you. It supports custom modules for each game, and the ability to build your own modules, and download them to your device.

Here are some screen shots of modules (click for larger images):

Right now I have modules created for Agricola and Puerto Rico.

Here is the docs for how to make your own modules:
http://ryancafe.com/iphone/score/module_docs.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice work. I will be getting this soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Christianson
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
tehgh0s7 wrote:
Very nice work. I will be getting this soon!

Thanks! if you do buy it, and you like it, please please please leave me a review on iTunes... if you don't like it.... umm... don't review

If you buy now, when you get upgrades for free I might be increasing the price for it when the module version is released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei Jen Seah
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan,

Awesome work, Ive bought the app

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Christianson
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
geekgeek wrote:
Ryan,

Awesome work, Ive bought the app

Thanks!

Now if 900 other people buy it I'll have enough money to pay for this computer! I'm really enjoying working on this App.. all of the support is great.

Can you leave an iTunes review? That will help other people find it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
Check out The Print and Play Games News Blog!
badge
Escape from Nooseneck High is Coming Soon!
mbmbmbmbmb
ryanch wrote:
I am charging a $1 for the app, to recoup my costs from buying the Mac to build the app

Can I just send you a copy of Linux instead of the dollar? We'll both be happier that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
nah, i don;t think you can develop iPhone apps on linux yet, i could be wrong though.

check my microbadges, i use linux for my servers, but my laptop is a mac. it's the old best tool for the job.

back on topic: i just bought the app as well and would be glad to try and make modules for some games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Christianson
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
jmilum wrote:
nah, i don;t think you can develop iPhone apps on linux yet, i could be wrong though.

check my microbadges, i use linux for my servers, but my laptop is a mac. it's the old best tool for the job.

back on topic: i just bought the app as well and would be glad to try and make modules for some games

You are correct, you have to use a Mac to make iPhone apps, AND the Mac rules. I really really like it. What my wife didn't like was the ~$800 i spent to become an iPhone developer

Thanks for buying the app! Show it your friends, and write an iTunes review.

If you are interested in making modules can you take a look at the the module docs?

Here are the docs for making modules:
http://ryancafe.com/iphone/score/module_docs.html

If you decide to work on a module let me know, I like to avoid doubling our efforts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor-Davies
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My vote would be for a San Juan scoring module.

Just downloaded the 1.01 update, which has appeared on iTunes this morning. Nice work.

Longer term, the saving of scores (or emailing them somewhere) would be neat. Though as it stands we can always take a screen shot of the summary page and that will be recorded in the Photo Roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Kutten
Luxembourg
Bertrange
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One more app that makes me more and more wanting to buy an iPod Touch. Really cool idea and you came to the right place here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Verdonck
Belgium
Edegem
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eVictus wrote:
One more app that makes me more and more wanting to buy an iPod Touch. Really cool idea and you came to the right place here!

My feelings exactly !
I'll be in the US soon for vacation, it will be impossible to resist buying one of these puppies

After that, I'll be on the Score-train in no time !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a good app. I've never paid for an app before, butI am tempted tog et this one. Therea re many games which an eletronic score keeping is more ideal, such as Qwirkle and Scrabble etc. Good work! And with addition of downloadable modules for specific games, it would be a plus! Thanks for making this! kiss

Edit: I've bought this yesterday. At first it crashed when I tried to open the app, but after I restarted the phone it works fine. We used it for Qwirkle and it works great as Qwirkle doesn't come with scoring pads and tokens. I Imagine it would also be great for when we playu scrabble while we are out. I can give you a review later today when I get home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Eberlin
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to make several modules for Scoring the endgame of Carcasonne (I.E. # of extra roads, # of cloisters, etc) :-)

One other thing which seems simple, but might not be would be to allow you to see the score history when you double tap the user's score. This would be EXTREMELY useful in games like Cribbage.

Thanks!
Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Nolan
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
Tigris & Euphrates scoring module would be great. I might have to actually buy an iPod.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.