Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules left me with a question:

Can black counters be used to take an additional turn AND move a pawn back, or just 1 of those 2 options?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ting Pong IP
Hong Kong
Lai Chi Kok
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the black counters are used as an additional move, after a move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A black counter is used to take an additional turn. On that additional turn, the pawn can be moved forward or backward. You can not use a black counter to move a pawn backward on your normal turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And if you move it forward, you get to take an extra token? But if you move it back, you don't get anything, right?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I can see how one might interpret it that way, but I don't think that's the intent, and we certainly haven't been playing it that way. The rules say you get to make a second move and take a counter, and then say this second move can be backwards. They don't say that a backwards move doesn't get you a counter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a turn other than the one in which the black counter is taken, a player may use the black counter to take an extra move after the regular move. He may move any piece and take a counter, as usual. Unlike regular moves, this extra move may go backwards, or forwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Zamira
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can you use a black token to move a pawn off backwards off the staircase

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Panethiere
United States
Festus
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gzamira wrote:
Can you use a black token to move a pawn off backwards off the staircase

Good question...anyone have the answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Boone
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Reading your recent posts has been like dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.
mbmbmbmbmb
Another black counters question.

Each white counter is worth a number of points equal to the number of other colours you collected, including black.

If I use all my black counters during the course of the game to take extra turns, am I still considered to have collected black for the purpose of scoring white counters? Or do I need to leave at least one black counter unused in order to score that colour?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wilson
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
booned wrote:
Another black counters question.

Each white counter is worth a number of points equal to the number of other colours you collected, including black.

If I use all my black counters during the course of the game to take extra turns, am I still considered to have collected black for the purpose of scoring white counters? Or do I need to leave at least one black counter unused in order to score that colour?

This is a great question, I'd love to know the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom C.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The scoring example in the rules shows a player has a black counter at the end of the game, and white counters. The black counter is counted as a color. But in the rules for using the black counters, it states: "The black counters handed in by the players are laid aside and do not re-enter the game." That clearly indicates black counters that are used for additional turns are removed, and therefore would not be held at the end of the game by a player for scoring purposes. Not official, of course, but makes sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.