Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Bass
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to duplicate the other older thread, but with "recent" being the default sort order for postings, adding to an existing thread doesn't do as much as I had hoped to bring it back to the surface in hopes of soliciting a response.

Since Halloween is approaching, and the kinks appear to have been ironed out of all the rules with the release of the updated haunt guides, I am looking to actually play my copy of this game. I figure that there are many out there who have already solved a problem I am seeing, and so I hope to benefit from your experience.

The problem I am seeing is that the coffin shaped clips that slide onto the character cards to track that character's stats are damaging the character cards themselves, or at the very least causing an undue amount of wear

I tried sliding the plastic markers onto the character cards from the side as suggested in another thread, and it did work MUCH better than pushing them straight onto the card. Unfortunately, when it was in place I could still see that just the action of sliding it back and forth between different numbers was also causing wear on the card, which I would like to avoid. This is especially true given the prices the game is demanding recently, since the odds of a reprint are so low.

There were a couple of ideas that came to my mind to solve the problem. One was to replace the coffin shaped tabs with some other type of clip (I know I have seen really small clothespins somewhere), maybe with some small felt pads glued to the contact surfaces. Alternatively, the coffins could be replaced with self stick arrow tabs (the ones with the same adhesive as post-it notes), which are available in office supply stores very cheaply.

A different option entirely would be to replace the card with a printed card/mat of sorts (1 for each character), which would be placed on the table, and would have spaces for tracking each of the stats. Some sort of token, pawn, wood cube, etc. would be used to mark the current stat value, or the card could be laminated and the current stat could be marked using a dry erase marker.

Have any of you tried any of these options and found them suitable, or did you come up with something better? I would really appreciate any input or suggestions from those of you who have played this game a few times.

Thanks in advance for any responses! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Ireland
Cork
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I use paperclips on some of the custom character cards that I have made for the game.

I usually use the small clips that have a coloured plastic layer on them to minimise damage even further.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Roop
United States
Mendon
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One alternative is to get online and download one of the cardmaking utilities and use it to create rectangular cards.... There is no FUNCTIONAL reason that these cards need to be pentagonal... There is a great Magic the Gathering card creator, and I believe it is customizable... The benefit is you can create your own characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.